Day After Thanksgiving

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

in my building, if you choose to work the option day they screw you over on taxes.

Your building has nothing to do with you getting screwed on taxes. It is very easy to go to upsers and adjust your withholding for a week like this so that you don't get screwed on taxes. The week after Christmas will be the same--3 work days and 2 paid holidays with the chance to work one of them (New Years Eve). Simply go to upsers at least 1 week before and adjust your Federal withholding to a number between 0 and 9, the higher the number the less tax withheld. Just make sure that you adjust it back afterward.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your building has nothing to do with you getting screwed on taxes. It is very easy to go to upsers and adjust your withholding for a week like this so that you don't get screwed on taxes. The week after Christmas will be the same--3 work days and 2 paid holidays with the chance to work one of them (New Years Eve). Simply go to upsers at least 1 week before and adjust your Federal withholding to a number between 0 and 9, the higher the number the less tax withheld. Just make sure that you adjust it back afterward.
Dave, I'm not sure of this but I don't think that we get a paid holiday for NYE this year. We were looking at the calendar this past week. It is not hilited for holiday pay. I am guessing, I have not asked yet, that New years Eve is going to be a regular delivery day. I suspect we will have all routes out.

I GOT ONE MORE

Dave, I'm not sure of this but I don't think that we get a paid holiday for NYE this year. We were looking at the calendar this past week. It is not hilited for holiday pay. I am guessing, I have not asked yet, that New years Eve is going to be a regular delivery day. I suspect we will have all routes out.

SECTION 17 - HOLIDAYS
The following holidays shall be granted to seniority employees without reduction in pay:

Christmas Day
December 31st
New Year’s Day
Memorial Day
July 4th
Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Day After Thanksgiving

Dill, Dec31 is on the list and in the contract.

Your Welcome.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
SECTION 17 - HOLIDAYS
The following holidays shall be granted to seniority employees without reduction in pay:

Christmas Day
December 31st
New Year’s Day
Memorial Day
July 4th
Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Day After Thanksgiving

Dill, Dec31 is on the list and in the contract.

Your Welcome.
I know. I am just saying what is on the calendar. Our caledar which hilites all of our paid holidays. New Years Eve is not hilited. Now, would you put it past UPS to try and get away with not paying us. I wouldn't.

And you can take your condescending attitude and thank yourself.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I know. I am just saying what is on the calendar. Our caledar which hilites all of our paid holidays. New Years Eve is not hilited. Now, would you put it past UPS to try and get away with not paying us. I wouldn't.

New Years Eve is and has always been a paid holiday. The only drivers working will be running air exactly like the day after Thanksgiving.

I GOT ONE MORE

in my building, if you choose to work the option day they screw you over on taxes.

I hear this point often.

The answer lies in the "big picture"

That individual paycheck is clearly overtaxed, however those withholdings are added to your total withholdings which are stated on your year end W2.

So when you do your taxes, you will see that extra "tax" come back to you at that time.

I GOT ONE MORE

Geez, so sorry girlfriend.

Even I can't read intonation through text.

Happy Thanksgiving

paidover95

I wasnt allowed to work.signed the feeder list.but I didnt have enough senority for the 5 jobs posted.so I requested to work in pkg.they were forcing guys below my senority date in and was told that I couldnt work.{you cant cross classification}so the 8 hour grevance is going in monday for staying home.thanks ups

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've come to a point in my career where a 4 day weekend with the family is more important to me than working, no matter how much it calculates too.
It doesn't hurt that I wasn't invited to work, either.

me too. Plus this was the first time I ever had enough seniority to actually get the day off.
And I had to little seniority to work.

I wasnt allowed to work.signed the feeder list.but I didnt have enough senority for the 5 jobs posted.so I requested to work in pkg.they were forcing guys below my senority date in and was told that I couldnt work.{you cant cross classification}so the 8 hour grevance is going in monday for staying home.thanks ups
Doesn't that rule apply here, where if you come back from feeders, you automatically go to the bottom of the seniority list?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you kidding me? You got paid for the holiday and are grieving for an additional 8 hours because you are low man on the totem pole and there was no work for you? And you thought it would be fair to bump someone from pkg car so that you could make a little extra $$ instead of someone who has actually been driving a pkg car? This is exactly why I am not a strong advocate for the Union.

over9five

Staff member
Are you kidding me? You got paid for the holiday and are grieving for an additional 8 hours because you are low man on the totem pole and there was no work for you? And you thought it would be fair to bump someone from pkg car so that you could make a little extra $$ instead of someone who has actually been driving a pkg car? This is exactly why I am not a strong advocate for the Union.

C'mon Upstate! He wanted to displace someone who was being forced. Would have been a good decision, I think. Let the poor guy who was forced stay home with his family, and let someone who wants to work, work.