Day After Thanksgiving

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I know. I am just saying what is on the calendar. Our caledar which hilites all of our paid holidays. New Years Eve is not hilited. Now, would you put it past UPS to try and get away with not paying us. I wouldn't.

And you can take your condescending attitude and thank yourself.

Dilligaf, we get two more 4 day weekends - Christmas and New Years. Both weekends are 2 paid days off, each. I am pretty sure most locals get this - except of course if you are an air driver :biting: (I know you are are not!)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dilligaf, we get two more 4 day weekends - Christmas and New Years. Both weekends are 2 paid days off, each. I am pretty sure most locals get this - except of course if you are an air driver :biting: (I know you are are not!)

Not here. We get the 3 day weekend for Christmas and then the 4 day for New Year's. Why would you get 2 paid days for Christmas?

Ghost in the Darkness

I know. I am just saying what is on the calendar. Our caledar which hilites all of our paid holidays. New Years Eve is not hilited.

April 22 (earth day) was highlighted but we didn't get paid holiday for it. We will get paid for New Years Eve cuz its in the contract like the other guys said. Its always going to be a light volume/light pickup day because so many businesses taper off and some shut down for the week between Christmas and New Years.

jbomb1010

We were told in our center that the day after Thanksgiving can only be worked by part time air drivers. Is the cover being pulled over our eyes?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Actually I will probably be forced to work. I am low enough on the list to have to work. Friday I was the highest seniority that was forced.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tried to work, but was told the exception air drivers had more seniority than a full time ground driver and I couldn't work.
Thei, it is different everywhere. Here, our air drivers work but so does pkg. Pkg has the opportunity to volunteer and then are forced. Air does not have the opportunity to volunteer. They have to work. Pkg is used to fill in.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Senior drivers are given the opportunity to work holidays here if they want it. If there are not enough drivers that volunteer, then part time drivers are forced to work. If there are still not enough, then least senior drivers are forced to work. If a full time driver is forced to work, they receive time and a half for working versus straight time. So for time worked you would be making double time and a half. Still not worth it to me......... I am getting too old and like the time off during holidays.

paidover95

Are you kidding me? You got paid for the holiday and are grieving for an additional 8 hours because you are low man on the totem pole and there was no work for you? And you thought it would be fair to bump someone from pkg car so that you could make a little extra $$ instead of someone who has actually been driving a pkg car? This is exactly why I am not a strong advocate for the Union.
sorry I have 21 years senority 18 years of them in pkg.I have over 190 people below me on the senority list.I think I should have the right to work before jr employees.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Worked the same as every other Thanksgiving Friday, 4 HRS. @ straight time plus the Holiday. Read the contract under air.They brought in pizza that was good.Will be in Christmas Eve and New Years Eve for the same.