Day off during peak

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Yes-----you are a newbie trying to become permanent. You have zero paid time on the books. This is Peak-----unless you are in a hospital bed you show up to work or you start looking for work elsewhere.
Wrong wrong wrong

He had 1 year Seniority.
He isn't a seasonal.

Call in. When they answer tell them your name and say you won't be in. Then hang up.

Overpaid Union Thug

I urgently need next Monday off and it’s my Sixth punch because I’m a Tuesday to Saturday driver. I filed a request three weeks ago and haven’t gotten a response yet. The dispatcher said it’s most likely to be denied. I don’t have any option or sick days yet.
Is Sixth day punch mandatory during peak? Any advice? Thanks

Don’t sweat calling in during peak. UPS has been diligently preparing for peak all year and should be fully staffed with extra drivers on hand to accommodate call-ins and unforeseen volume.

:twister2:

Zowert

As mentioned earlier if you don’t have attendance issues you’re fine, even without sick time. You’ll get ‘sick day no pay’. As long as you call in don’t worry about it. There is a driver here that pushes his luck by calling in at the last second without sick time and no call no shows a couple times a year and hasn’t been canned. Sure management will get ticked if you call in during peak but they should have plenty of seasonals to cover the work.

Did you ask if you’re forced in?

542thruNthru

Yes-----you are a newbie trying to become permanent. You have zero paid time on the books. This is Peak-----unless you are in a hospital bed you show up to work or you start looking for work elsewhere.
3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

Just over a year with seniority since July. Never missed a day of work

Seriously I remembered you being a little smarter before. I must be mistaken.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I haven’t had any days yet. I will start collecting sick days this January. That’s what my time off card says.

You may want to talk to someone about that. Most likely you were supposed to get days on your anniversary then January after that.

Mo19072

You may want to talk to someone about that. Most likely you were supposed to get days on your anniversary then January after that.
To be clear I haven’t had one year of seniority. My anniversary was 07/01/19. My time off card says I will start collecting vacation days in 06/20 and sick days in 01/20.

KoennenTiger

To be clear I haven’t had one year of seniority. My anniversary was 07/01/19. My time off card says I will start collecting vacation days in 06/20 and sick days in 01/20.

How's that make any sense? At my local we start getting sick days immediately after hitting seniority and our option days renew in August. If you've had your first year in since July you should have sick days.

Just call the office Monday say this is blah blah blah I'm sick I'm not coming in. If they give you any :censored2: say I'm sick I'm not coming in and hang up.

rocket man

I urgently need next Monday off and it’s my Sixth punch because I’m a Tuesday to Saturday driver. I filed a request three weeks ago and haven’t gotten a response yet. The dispatcher said it’s most likely to be denied. I don’t have any option or sick days yet.
Is Sixth day punch mandatory during peak? Any advice? Thanks
they don't answer you in 24 hours from the time you posted it's your day off and enjoy