Day Sort

Sky777

Hi!

I have an interview scheduled for next week for a Day Sort Package Handler position. I haven't found information on this particular shift, as most appear to be sunrise or twilight.

How does day sort differ from other sorts? I realize this may vary depending on the location, but I appreciate any insight.

Thank you!

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I will tell you the difference with my hub. And of course this could be different at other places. There isn't near as much volumes as Twilight shift, however day sort has the heaviest packages. So while you don't have as many packages to handle they will be the heaviest loads with the most irregs. Twilight usually handles the most packages but they tend to be lighter and more of the same type of boxes. Midnight is usually the easiest and lightest of all the sorts, usually doing half of what Twilight does and pretty light packages. That is for my hub at least. Day sort usually starts between 10 or 11 and get off around 2 or 4.

PT Car Washer

Our midnight sort handles I believe the most volume. Our Day Sort does a lot of 2nd Day Air. Has the most older employees with the most seniority. Works Sunday thru Thursday and nobody seems to work very hard. Our Twi sort seems to have a lot of younger guys and gals and all seem to do a good job. Maybe the fewest hours. Every hub sounds like it will be different. Don't be afraid to move around and try different sorts and jobs.

Sky777

Thank you for the replies!

The hours posted for the day sort are from 1:00 - 4:30pm. That's the minimum of 3 1/2 hours scheduled, according to the listing.

However, the two other sorts available are listed for 4 1/2 hours. Is this an indication that the day sort gets the least amount of hours in this hub? Or, are these just general time frames?

Thanks again!