Dealing with Women on route

ups1990

Five days a week, I, walk into Office Depot to make a delivery and have to endure constant sexual suggestive comments from a Female supervisor. We've probably heard them all right? For instance, 'I like your package", " can I, give you my box", "sexy legs"..... Since, I'am married, my response is silence. How do you guys deal with these ladies?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Five days a week, I, walk into Office Depot to make a delivery and have to endure constant sexual suggestive comments from a Female supervisor. We've probably heard them all right? For instance, 'I like your package", " can I, give you my box", "sexy legs"..... Since, I'am married, my response is silence. How do you guys deal with these ladies?

What does she look like?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If it really bothers you then go over her head and report it. Or talk to your sup and ask the sup to talk to the woman that you are having a problem with. To me it depends on the person that I am dealing with. If it is someone that I don't like to begin with I personally put a stop to it right then and there. With words or just action and attitude. If it is someone that I know and trust then I don't feel threatened by it. I generally have a good repoire with all my customers so it is easy to joke with them.

I married one.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Have you tried smacking the male cashier on the rear?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I tell them to quit teasing me.

Tony31yrs

Make sure your Supervisor is aware of the situation. We had one driver(who was a hound, but not interested in an unattractive married boss at a business) who got fired when she filed a harrassment complaint. He was only joking around with her. He got his job back, but had to agree to no back pay and he had to run cover until a job opened that he could bid on.

Big Babooba

It is sexual harassment.You have a truly delicate situation. You have to be able to discourage her without making her feel rejected. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Do tell your supervisor and steward (together if possible) about your situation ASAP!. That way, you'll be on record. She could be kidding around or she could be serious. If she's serious, you could be sitting on a powder keg.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It is sexual harassment.You have a truly delicate situation. You have to be able to discourage her without making her feel rejected. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Do tell your supervisor and steward (together if possible) about your situation ASAP!. That way, you'll be on record. She could be kidding around or she could be serious. If she's serious, you could be sitting on a powder keg.
I agree.

fethrs

Definitely bring it to mgt attention, it is not a joke or a funny matter in any way, shape or form. Your job is wayyy more important than her unwanted attention. Good Luck!

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
It does happen. About 25 years ago we had a driver who delivered to a college dorm. The girl suggestively asked him in. He refused. She cried rape.

Ah - different, though - one on one contact, you have to be very careful how you handle it - preferably professionally.

In a store full of customers & other workers? Hell, my days would not be so nearly as tolerable without the innocent flirting. But then, I'm a a guy.

For the females reading this - it is wrong, WRONG I tell you, and must be reported IMMEDIATELY to your sup, their sup, your union rep, etc.....

Big Babooba

Ah - different, though - one on one contact, you have to be very careful how you handle it - preferably professionally.

In a store full of customers & other workers? Hell, my days would not be so nearly as tolerable without the innocent flirting. But then, I'm a a guy.

For the females reading this - it is wrong, WRONG I tell you, and must be reported IMMEDIATELY to your sup, their sup, your union rep, etc.....
You can have plenty of situations in a commercial setting where you are one on one with a customer.