Dear Fedex Management

franknitty

Why have you rented 25 rental trucks, half of which have been parked in the front parking lot since November unused, AND not only that you've been cutting the FTers hours for the past 3 weeks ?

I understand Memphis HQ monitors this page for terrorists and enemies of the state, so maybe someone from HQ could sign on and explain the logic behind my question ?

"And remember, Best Practice Pays" !

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why have you rented 25 rental trucks, half of which have been parked in the front parking lot since November unused, AND not only that you've been cutting the FTers hours for the past 3 weeks ?

I understand Memphis HQ monitors this page for terrorists and enemies of the state, so maybe someone from HQ could sign on and explain the logic behind my question ?

It's called "leadership". They don't have an effing clue, and neither does Memphis.

franknitty

Management refuses to let us order uniforms, won't reimburse for steel-toed safety shoes, but can leave 14 rental trucks parked unused in the front parking lot ? My station must be doing advertisement for Enterprise Rent-a-Truck for the holidays ! Maybe Enterprise is positioning themselves to buy Fedex and USPS ? Can't wait !!!

franknitty

In what world do you think your employer should reimburse you for steel-toed safety shoes? Just write them off on your taxes like everyone else does.

Sir, we are allotted $65.00/year for safety shoes, $90.00 if you work for the ramp/airport location, sir. Management doesn't have money for that, but they have money to let 14 unused rental trucks sit pretty in our front lot. That's all I'm saying, sir.

franknitty

Mr UPSTATENYUPser,

Sir, do you think you can talk to the Brown gods of this page and ask them they would be so kind to take my Rep Power Points i had, before the disagreement, multiply that number by 5, and allow me to have them back. If you can find a way to make that happen, I will continue to take the UPS packages out of my Fedex dropboxes and personally hand them to the UPS Driver in my area, who just happens to be my best friend. Thanks UpstateNYUPser !

Billy_Baconhead

In what world do you think your employer should reimburse you for steel-toed safety shoes? Just write them off on your taxes like everyone else does.

In what world do you think your employer should GPS you and ask you why you took a 3 min bathroom break and fire you for "stealing" from the company? Your vendetta for Frank is moronic and childish. Yet again your posting in the fedex forums? I seriously don't get it...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In what world do you think your employer should GPS you and ask you why you took a 3 min bathroom break and fire you for "stealing" from the company? Your vendetta for Frank is moronic and childish. Yet again your posting in the fedex forums? I seriously don't get it...

If you are doing the job the way that you are supposed to it shouldn't matter who is watching you.

Do yourself a favor--go to his profile and read his first post to me. Dave.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/xmas-potluck-yum-341636/#post911611

BrownMeetPurple

Tell me about it, we have a dozen or so trucks sitting there. Yup, no clue why.

Sir, we are allotted $65.00/year for safety shoes, $90.00 if you work for the ramp/airport location, sir. Management doesn't have money for that, but they have money to let 14 unused rental trucks sit pretty in our front lot. That's all I'm saying, sir.

That's all? We get $150 for steel shoes. I think they cut it down to $130 now.

jmeti000

BrownMeetPurple .....your name just reminded me, Ive always wondered why Fedex's colors are purple and orange, green, etc yet we where blue and grey. Wouldnt it just be easier to change the color to a dark blue so the uniforms match the company colors like they do at UPS? Sorry, just wondering.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
BrownMeetPurple .....your name just reminded me, Ive always wondered why Fedex's colors are purple and orange, green, etc yet we where blue and grey. Wouldnt it just be easier to change the color to a dark blue so the uniforms match the company colors like they do at UPS? Sorry, just wondering.

UPS is smarter than we are. If you've noticed lately, the new UPS Freight trucks are all brown and look just like the UPS Brown trucks. The uniforms look the same too, although I cannot be positive on that one.

The customers cannot tell the difference anyway, so why not have a universal scheme and uniforms? UPS seems to have already figured it out. Give Fred 10 years to follow suit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS is smarter than we are. If you've noticed lately, the new UPS Freight trucks are all brown and look just like the UPS Brown trucks. The uniforms look the same too, although I cannot be positive on that one.

The customers cannot tell the difference anyway, so why not have a universal scheme and uniforms? UPS seems to have already figured it out. Give Fred 10 years to follow suit.

UPS Freight uniforms are different from the traditional UPS uniforms.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
UPS Freight uniforms are different from the traditional UPS uniforms.

The UPS Freight guy I ran into was driving a brand-new all brown tractor and wearing a uniform that looked "identical" to what UPS feeder drivers wear sometimes. Lots of reflective striping on an all-brown uniform. He told me that the new plan was to eliminate the 2-tone brown/gray color scheme to cut costs. You'd know better than me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The UPS Freight guy I ran into was driving a brand-new all brown tractor and wearing a uniform that looked "identical" to what UPS feeder drivers wear sometimes. Lots of reflective striping on an all-brown uniform. He told me that the new plan was to eliminate the 2-tone brown/gray color scheme to cut costs. You'd know better than me.

You may be right--I only see two freight guys on a daily basis and they are still sporting the 2-tone uniforms and driving Overnite cabs.