Dear Integrity, Where are you when...

ol'browneye

we are told to sheet pkgs as closed or EC instead of missed?

a driver pads his miles just so his bonus is better?

one driver is told it's ok to do something after another driver has been given a warning letter for doing the exact same thing?

UPSSOCKS shaves minutes off hours just because he can, then laughs about it?

BrownArmy

one driver is told it's ok to do something after another driver has been given a warning letter for doing the exact same thing?

So, so, sad...

And so, so true.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
A center manager fires employees left and right without any reason and is eventually called on the carpet. She quits and then with assistance from her girlfriend, who happens to be on the District Attorney's staff in the next county, starts a lawsuit against the company which is settled for 7 million dollars. She then opens a small chain of day spas and advertises in the local paper with a huge picture of her fat, lying smiling face.

True story. Region 03/District 88

D

Dis-organized Labor

A center manager fires employees left and right without any reason and is eventually called on the carpet. She quits and then with assistance from her girlfriend, who happens to be on the District Attorney's staff in the next county, starts a lawsuit against the company which is settled for 7 million dollars. She then opens a small chain of day spas and advertises in the local paper with a huge picture of her fat, lying smiling face.

Wow, give me her name and # in a PM.
I'm a guy, will that work for me??

Why would she quit UPS???? Is she insane???:surprised:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What do you mean wal-mart is open 24-7... okay i will sheet as clo 1 at 4:30...lol

It's funny that you mention this as every once in a while my loader will misload a WalMart pkg and I have to go back. Receiving closes at 3pm so I am forced to go to Customer Service to try to get rid of it. 9 times out of 10 they will sign but every now and then they will page a manager who will give me a hard time to which I respond with the center phone number.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Dear ol'browneye,

I am right here.

I may be able to help you with these 4 questions.

I will need specific details if you truly want to try to correct these problems.

Let me know?

Sincerely,
I

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

We need to eliminate the EC and just call them missed. A customer sees 3 UPS trucks in town and later tracks their package and it shows up EC? Running out of time because of some goofy curfew is not EC. Nobody bats an eye if you work untill 8 in the summer but at peak be in by 6:30? I just don't get it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We need to eliminate the EC and just call them missed. A customer sees 3 UPS trucks in town and later tracks their package and it shows up EC? Running out of time because of some goofy curfew is not EC. Nobody bats an eye if you work untill 8 in the summer but at peak be in by 6:30? I just don't get it.

We need to use EC the way that it is supposed to be used and not as a dispatch tool. When I had my country run there were some deliveries that just weren't going to be made, curfew or not.

To be fair, we have some drivers here who take it upon themselves to use EC as a dispatch tool.

Dustyroads

There could be legitimate reasons a customer could see a driver in town but find their package was EC'd. I had EC's four days last week as a blizzard hit the area I deliver. I was able to make it into the five little towns I work, however, the rural roads were snowed in and drifted shut. On Tuesday it snowed 8 inches. The county chose not to put a plow on the rural gravel roads that day because the heaviest snow was to hit around 4 pm. On Wednesday, the wind blew 40 mph most of the day and everything drifted shut. I was able, again, to make every town. I left a lot of rural packages in town, and had a few customers meet me in 4 wheel drive vehicles. By Friday, I was able to make most of the county roads, logging over 250 miles, however there were still 7 EC's with a few "township" roads and a couple mile long driveways.

Each day, as my volume grew with the 20 or so EC's I brought back, our dispatcher kept taking more geographical area off of me and giving it to the guy next to the east, and then taking more off of him to give to the next guy. No one was able to work miracles, but we did pretty well considering the severity of the early winter storm. No one expected more than I could do, and I was happy we didn't have to stay out until 9 pm with the windchills in the -20 range. It would have been hard on me.

After reading the other posts, I'm pretty glad I work in the center I do. I feel fortunate.

DS

Fenderbender
Integrity, you speak like a mover and shaker,
as you aspire with the wave of your hand,
to fix all the crap that goes on in the hub,
just who do you think that you are little man?
Integrity starts at the top and rolls down,
front line managements hands are all tied,
if the numbers look good then thats all that counts,
in the end no one cares if they lied.
Even if ups, put you up to this, realizing the browncafe's power,
we welcome your thoughts and opinions and such
but don't speak from an ivory tower.
You can't change anything,you are just like us all,
IE decides the way things will be,
so dismount the high horse down to our level,
one grain of sand in a bureaucracy.

ups1990

What is this about. The girl who has a girlfriend and then the "carpet"? What's really going on.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity starts at the top and rolls down,
front line managements hands are all tied,
if the numbers look good then thats all that counts,
in the end no one cares if they lied.

Dear DS,

"Leading with Integrity" is a job responsiblity of evey UPS employee. Each individual should not make excuses or blame another, even if it is a bureaucratic system like the one that exists at UPS.

However difficult it may be for the front line management, they are responsible for their own behavior and if they have a Division Manager or other Manager above them that is not living up to the UPS value of dignity and respect toward them, then they need to use every means available to them to see that this Management person changes or is shown the door.

The management of UPS, from part-time sup to CEO are responsible for setting the example for "Leading with Integrity". They are the leaders. They need to start doing this or they should just leave because their cowardice to live up to the UPS standards is demoralizing a great many of the good people who work here. Bad people should change or leave.

As for the lying, I care. Lying is a dishonest act. Individuals who lie and don't want to change should go work elsewhere.

Sincerely,

I

DS

Fenderbender
Dear DS,

As for the lying, I care. Lying is a dishonest act. Individuals who lie and don't want to change should go work elsewhere.

Sincerely,

I
Be realistic man.ups is so diversified with thousands of centers working independently,it happens more than you know.
Maybe these dishonest people should "leave",but why should they?
Who's gonna make them? are you the official voice of ups?
did ups assign you as the official browncafe member?
how can you possibly make things better?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Be realistic man.ups is so diversified with thousands of centers working independently,it happens more than you know.

I have been informed that dishonesty has spread throughout the entire UPS System. I believe it happens everyday in every center. Many good UPS people have suffered and still suffer because of this.

Maybe these dishonest people should "leave",but why should they?

They should change, not leave.

If they are unwilling to change they should be asked to leave and they should be asked to leave because, as management people, they are not doing what they are paid to do. They are responsible to lead the way by " insisting on integrity". The core company values of honesty, quality, and integrity are critical to the success of UPS. If they are unwilling to do this and are not committed to this, they should be asked to leave.

Who's gonna make them?

Helping resolve work place misconduct is an essential part of every UPS employee's job resposibilities. It is important that employees who communicate concerns are supported, and they can make these reports without the fear of retaliation or retribution. In short, technically, every employee who isn't reporting known misconduct is not fulfilling an essential part of their job resposibilities.

Integrity is going to make them. All employees working with integrity are going to make them.

are you the official voice of ups?

No, I am the official voice of Integrity.

did ups assign you as the official browncafe member?

No, Integrity follows "the Truth", he is his master.

how can you possibly make things better?

Values such as honesty, quality, and integrity have a way of inspiring some people. It is my hope to inspire UPS employees to start standing up for what they believe in, not living in fear of retaliation or retribution. Just think of the positive change, the possiblities of employees across UPS changing and starting to "work with Integrity and not against Him."

upsgrunt

Say there was retaliation for bringing said discretions to light. What address or phone number do we use to get in contact with you so that you can take care of the problem? What are you going to do to "undo" the retaliation?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Say there was retaliation for bringing said discretions to light. What address or phone number do we use to get in contact with you so that you can take care of the problem?

If or when, for that matter, there is retaliation for bringing discretions to light you can feel free to contact me right here on the Brown Cafe. I will not be able to take care of the problem for you , but I will help you take care of the problem for yourself.

What are you going to do to "undo" the retaliation?

My reponse to retaliation is always based upon the type of retaliation that is received, some types of retaliation are more severe than other types however, retaliation is retaliation.

I am not an attorney, I am INTEGRITY.

I