Dear Integrity, Where are you when...

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
What is this about. The girl who has a girlfriend and then the "carpet"? What's really going on.
She was the center manager for center 9341 in region 03/district88. Not that it has any bearing on this matter but she was gay. Her partner was on the District Attorney's staff in San Luis Obispo county. Several female workers mentioned to me that they felt "uncomfortable" with the way she always looked at them. (I'm a union steward). She fired several drivers for no reason. At times she would lose her temper and yell at people for making too much noise. The district manager finally had enough when she fired the morning mechanic and filed a police report stating he was planning to kill her. Detectives investigated and found no evidence, other than a harmless joke between the mechanic and a clerk, to substantiate her claim. At the mechanic's grievance panel, she was apparently given the option to resign before being terminated. She resigned, her partner filed the lawsuit which for reasons unknown was quickly settled.

Everyone was happy to see her go.

Before joining UPS she was a sheriff deputy in Southern California, assigned to the county jail. (She never spent a day on the street). The same instability led to her leaving the sheriff's department.

She worked at several centers in the coast division and was an adequate full-time supervisor. However after promotion to center manager, the stress obviously was intolerable because she started to unravel like a cheap sweater.

For over a year she terrorized our center, treating everyone - union and management alike- as inmates.

The district labor manager finally got fed up with answering unjustifiable terminations which led to her dismissal.

badsporh

He who is not with us, is against us.
WalMart may be open 24/7...but they generally only accept deliverys thru their back door during posted hours....try taking even one package thru the front door at any time of day and they look at you like you have 6 heads!!......lol.........I guess this would be how you can legitimately sheet it up as closed even tho they are open!

over9five

Staff member
WalMart may be open 24/7...but they generally only accept deliverys thru their back door during posted hours....try taking even one package thru the front door at any time of day and they look at you like you have 6 heads!!......lol.........I guess this would be how you can legitimately sheet it up as closed even tho they are open!

I think that would be "refused".

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

I tried to deliver thru the front door at a Walmart one night. It was a pkg of DVD's or CD's or something. When I walked in the alarm went off and the Greeter had me up against the wall spread eagle. They did take it at the service desk eventually.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I tried to deliver thru the front door at a Walmart one night. It was a pkg of DVD's or CD's or something. When I walked in the alarm went off and the Greeter had me up against the wall spread eagle. They did take it at the service desk eventually.

Those greeters at Walmart are typically imposing physically.
That had to be a traumatic experience.

ol'browneye

But how can you sheet it as closed when you are 15 miles away and there is no way to even make an attempt on time? That is missed, not closed. That is my one of my integrity issues!

DazedandConfused

But how can you sheet it as closed when you are 15 miles away and there is no way to even make an attempt on time? That is missed, not closed. That is my one of my integrity issues!
You are 100% correct! It is missed. Their (management) lack ofIntegrityis the problem. Unfortunately, we as the peons must work as directed or face the wrath of their moronic ways:happy-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The center manager posts a list of drivers required to work on Nov. 27,2009.( the friday after thanksgiving )
My name is not on the list.
I show up for work on monday the 30th, the manager is demanding to know why I did not show up for work on friday.
Now he gives me a warning letter for absent no call.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The center manager posts a list of drivers required to work on Nov. 27,2009.( the friday after thanksgiving )
My name is not on the list.
I show up for work on monday the 30th, the manager is demanding to know why I did not show up for work on friday.
Now he gives me a warning letter for absent no call.
Steve would have a picture of the sheet.

delivery_boy

once you ask said manager to give it to you in writing they change their mind real quick. management covering their ass lately is very disappointing. very dishonest at ups today.