Dear UPS

Dear industrial engineers for the ne region. Please pull your head out of your bosses ass and realize that your stops per car metric is pissing off customers. I know you could care less about the customers, sitting in your air conditioned office all day. But we as service providers have to deal with the customers, not you. So think about I.E. Is it worth it to keep pissing off customers?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Dear industrial engineers for the ne region. Please pull your head out of your bosses ass and realize that your stops per car metric is pissing off customers. I know you could care less about the customers, sitting in your air conditioned office all day. But we as service providers have to deal with the customers, not you. So think about I.E. Is it worth it to keep pissing off customers?
they just may be monitoring BC for valuable input.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
It is not just in the NE. Believe me.

The Driver

I drive.
They sent me out with almost 600 pieces today, dumb pickups to get and still wondered why I was having trouble with "that route". 12 hours, two days in a row. Is what it is. Filing 9.5.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The last thing they in I.E would ever do is talk to the people that service customers all day! That's crazy talk!

Ghost in the Darkness

In case anyone missed it this company is run by idiots. Do what you can, bring stuff back and roll it over into the next day. CLO/NI 3 if need be. They are just boxes and we aren't machines. I tell people all the time they might wanna consider an alternative to UPS... because things aren't going to get better. 3 weeks in a row i am missing pickups in my diad from accounts in good standing. If a cover driver was on my route they wouldnt have made an attempt. I make an honest effort but I'm not a miracle worker, beyond that its best to just not care anymore.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
In case anyone missed it this company is run by idiots. Do what you can, bring stuff back and roll it over into the next day. CLO/NI 3 if need be. They are just boxes and we aren't machines. I tell people all the time they might wanna consider an alternative to UPS... because things aren't going to get better. 3 weeks in a row i am missing pickups in my diad from accounts in good standing. If a cover driver was on my route they wouldnt have made an attempt. I make an honest effort but I'm not a miracle worker, beyond that its best to just not care anymore.

Funny you should mention missing a pick up out of your board. Same thing happened to me the first of July. For months we worked on getting this company to ship with us. Everything was fine until the pickup disappeared from the Diad. Told management. They had to send me a daily ODS for the pickup because somehow it was too hard to put it back in the Diad.

After a few weeks of this and talking to local BD several time about it, I get a nasty gram ODS message accusing me of not making said pickup and they were showing missed for the last few weeks.

I assured them that I was doing MY job but that begs the question.....who was not doing THEIR job. That did not go over well. But another mysterious thing happened....the next day....that pickup was bag in the diad. Magic...I say.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I think alot of people post on here hoping corporate will read it. It should be mandatory that corporate spend 2 hrs per week reading BC. Might help with the huge disconnect between themselves and frontline employees.
I think alot of people post on here hoping corporate will read it. It should be mandatory that corporate spend 2 hrs per week reading BC. Might help with the huge disconnect between themselves and frontline employees.

they already know but they don't care.