Death and or survivor benefits?

cachmeifucan

So my coworker died last month. He was 65 not married had 8 pt years 20 fulltime. His last day of work was February 3rd. He went home feeling tired. Our coworker did a wellness check on February 10th. They found him. So my question is does his son have any survivors benefits. Its strange because he never got a check on February 12th for the 3 days he worked the week prior. Was his supervisor supposed to put in a certain code. We have the 1 punch per week to keep our benefits

cachmeifucan

I actually grew up with his son. His son is asking me to try to find information. My fear is his supervisor coded him wrong and that is what is negatively affecting his son from collecting benefits

542thruNthru

So my coworker died last month. He was 65 not married had 8 pt years 20 fulltime. His last day of work was February 3rd. He went home feeling tired. Our coworker did a wellness check on February 10th. They found him. So my question is does his son have any survivors benefits. Its strange because he never got a check on February 12th for the 3 days he worked the week prior. Was his supervisor supposed to put in a certain code. We have the 1 punch per week to keep our benefits
Sorry for the lose of your friend and coworker. It would be best to contact your local for the answer to these questions. Especially since 705/710 have their own master.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Sorry for the lose of your friend and coworker. It would be best to contact your local for the answer to these questions. Especially since 705/710 have their own master.

Thanks I gave him the number. Hes been jumping through hoops trying to figure it out

That's the best option.

705/710 issues are best dealt with the Local(s).

Last time I even saw one of those contracts was 15 years ago.

Up In Smoke

We had a retired member pass away recently who had only a brother left alive. In this instance, the brother was listed as beneficiary and the remainder of his pension and life insurance policy were paid out to him. The local is the place to start and hopefully this member had kept up with his beneficiaries or it may need to go through an estate process.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Be careful when inquiring with your local, my brother and I was in the same local, different companies. I was a union steward, I contacted my BA and he informed that there was no insurance benefits for my brother. So we dug a little deeper because my BA and I always didn't always agree on many issues. Found out there was a policy for $20,000. So check it out completely.

MattM

in my local (western region 177 HC), we have an automatic 2080 x hourly rate for FT Life insurance benefits. One can also pay an additional amount per paycheck to increase your life insurance coverage ($1 per $1,000 or something similar). This is done once a year through your enrollment worksheet.

We also have a pacific coast trust (not sure if other regions have it), which is paid out upon death or departure of the company. And of course a pension.

They should be able to pay out all his unused time before they axe him from the payroll. And everything else should be out there for you to try and obtain info on.

Did he buy stocks or have a 401k he paid into? There could be lots of money UPS just wants you to forget about.

cachmeifucan

Where is my buddy got the Joey the clown lombardo photo. I forgot screen name. Thanks to everyone I'm still following so any additional information would be appreciated

cachmeifucan

He worked Wednesday Feb 3rd. Last day they found him on the 10th but was seen alive on Saturday the 6th. He never received a payroll check on the 12th for the 3 half days he worked. It's all about how they coded it in computer once they screwed it up hard to go back and fix it

cachmeifucan

We had a retired member pass away recently who had only a brother left alive. In this instance, the brother was listed as beneficiary and the remainder of his pension and life insurance policy were paid out to him. The local is the place to start and hopefully this member had kept up with his beneficiaries or it may need to go through an estate process.
Thanks I never heard of a brother being able to collect a pension thru beneficiary I thought it only went to husband or wife. Remainder of pension can you elaborate. Like he now gets a monthly check or it was a sort of payoff