Death of Common Sense

rod

Retired 22 years
I love all these stupid fads. It makes for some funny videos and besides that there are too many stupid people living anyway. Can you say gene selection.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Happens everyday, it's one of the costs of gun ownership. There's an easy solution to avoid the risk.
You guys would give anything to see an outright ban and eradication of any and all guns to feel as though you can safely live out this utopian fantasy where guns are the root of all evil, wouldn't you?

It will be fine

You guys would give anything to see an outright ban and eradication of any and all guns to feel as though you can safely live out this utopian fantasy where guns are the root of all evil, wouldn't you?
Just saying I never had to worry about my kids shooting each other with my gun that I owned because, "it's muh hobby" or "I irrationally believe it keeps me safe" or "I need it to defend against the evil gobernment."
Own guns, kill your children and yourselves with those guns, it's a free country. It's totally working out.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just saying I never had to worry about my kids shooting each other with my gun that I owned because, "it's muh hobby" or "I irrationally believe it keeps me safe" or "I need it to defend against the evil gobernment."
Own guns, kill your children and yourselves with those guns, it's a free country. It's totally working out.
Take your meds ... please.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Can't say I ever worry about those things either. I have my reasons for owning and maintaining guns. I shouldn't be hindered by the lame.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I totally support your right not to own a gun. That's what makes us different.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Education and training.
Its the law , here .
All weapons are to be locked when not in use .
It is to keep children from doing just this .
and it happens here , too.

I know of one case where a repeat felon was caught with a gun. The state wanted him to go to jail for 5 years just on those charges , but the judge ruled to let him serve no time and set no bail .

We have the laws on the books , but liberal judges have decided they know better .

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
18C371EE-40C3-4943-8AB1-C6D3ADA67840.jpeg

Haha.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I miss TOS .
If TOS is still out there it's almost time for my annual test of my guns .
You know where I place them all loaded , with the safeties off , lined up on a table facing towards me and wait to see which one tries to kill me .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ghost Clearing Services ( a Canadian Company )

New CPS school grounds being built on site of estimated 38,000 unmarked graves

The $70 million school is to be built on the grounds of a former Cook County Poor House where an estimated 38,000 people were buried in unmarked graves. Among the dead are residents who were too poor to afford funeral costs, unclaimed bodies and patients from the county’s insane asylum.

“There can be and there have been bodies found all over the place,” said Barry Fleig, a genealogist and cemetery researcher who began investigating the site in 1989. “It’s a spooky, scary place.”

Fleig said he’s “nearly certain” there are no intact caskets buried underneath the proposed school grounds — bodies were primarily buried in two formal cemeteries, though scattered human remains have been discovered during previous construction projects near the campus.

Children, patients from an infirmary and a tuberculosis hospital, victims of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 and Civil War veterans were laid to rest in what is known as the Dunning grounds, a 320-acre stretch on the city’s Northwest Side.

In 1854, the county opened a poorhouse and farm and gradually added an insane asylum, infirmary and tuberculosis hospital to the property. At its peak, a thousand people were buried on the grounds each year.

The state took over in 1912 and changed the official name to Chicago State Hospital. Buildings were shuttered in 1970.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ghost Clearing Services ( a Canadian Company )

New CPS school grounds being built on site of estimated 38,000 unmarked graves

The $70 million school is to be built on the grounds of a former Cook County Poor House where an estimated 38,000 people were buried in unmarked graves. Among the dead are residents who were too poor to afford funeral costs, unclaimed bodies and patients from the county’s insane asylum.

“There can be and there have been bodies found all over the place,” said Barry Fleig, a genealogist and cemetery researcher who began investigating the site in 1989. “It’s a spooky, scary place.”

Fleig said he’s “nearly certain” there are no intact caskets buried underneath the proposed school grounds — bodies were primarily buried in two formal cemeteries, though scattered human remains have been discovered during previous construction projects near the campus.

Children, patients from an infirmary and a tuberculosis hospital, victims of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 and Civil War veterans were laid to rest in what is known as the Dunning grounds, a 320-acre stretch on the city’s Northwest Side.

In 1854, the county opened a poorhouse and farm and gradually added an insane asylum, infirmary and tuberculosis hospital to the property. At its peak, a thousand people were buried on the grounds each year.

The state took over in 1912 and changed the official name to Chicago State Hospital. Buildings were shuttered in 1970.
No respect for the dead.