Dec 18th-20th rain/snow/ice disruption

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Although the global weather models output has been quite muted for the period of Dec 13th-30th, it appears the operational GFS model develops a very strong sub-tropical jet that will lead to an el-ninolike, moisture-laden storm system that would call for a bit of extra attention.

The affect areas most affected would be on a line from AR- KY-IL-OH-PA-NY-MA, either side of. Just sayin'...that is what the beloved NOAA charts show.

Packmule

We were warmer here than Miami yesterday. Set records! Next week a lot cooler with light snow.
Less is better. Get peak done, then have some weather when it's much easier to catch up!

UPSJedi2112

I blast Rush in my truck.
Been mid to upper 30's here for almost two weeks. For us, that's rare and glorious. No snow on the ground, either. Kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop...I hope this isn't it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Expectations vs Reality Of Action 015.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Since we give them half of everything they deliver anymore, letting us use the mailbox is the least they can give back.

Most mailmen won't care but if you use the mailbox you always run the risk of some a-hole complaining about it. Best to not risk it.

10 point

Most mailmen won't care but if you use the mailbox you always run the risk of some a-hole complaining about it. Best to not risk it.
One lazy driver did that at multiple stops three years ago and the mailcarrier (who got there before the homeowner got home) thought it was outgoing mail. The post office then gave the pkgs back to the ups driver the next day and we had to redeliver them again. Great plan. Job security until the report prints.

Packmule

Lazy? Guess you have to be a rural driver to realize private roads don't get county maintenance. And frankly, if UPS did a better job of standing behind drivers when it comes to bad roads, we'd do a better job of ECing them. But when they just put them back on the truck day after day, sooner or later we'll bend rules to get rid of it. I'd rather get fired for leaving one at the mailbox than have the truck slide over a bank and tumble down a hill, just so I can't be called "lazy."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lazy? Guess you have to be a rural driver to realize private roads don't get county maintenance. And frankly, if UPS did a better job of standing behind drivers when it comes to bad roads, we'd do a better job of ECing them. But when they just put them back on the truck day after day, sooner or later we'll bend rules to get rid of it. I'd rather get fired for leaving one at the mailbox than have the truck slide over a bank and tumble down a hill, just so I can't be called "lazy."

He was not talking about putting them by the mailbox----he was talking about those drivers who put the packages inside the mailbox, which is a big no-no.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Only once again, speaking for the operational GFS model (Good For Something, but what?) or (Good For smile*)...it is now squashing this lead system, which is probably closer to what will be reality, than the original topic.