Dec. 22. Heaviest day of the year...

menotyou

bella amicizia
Did the loader fall asleep?
Maybe, the loader was overwhelmed with work. If we figure out his misload percentage vs. the number of packages just your hands touch, it might make more sense to you.
If you are going out with 40% more volume in your truck, who do you think handles that volume and the volume for every other one of his/her trucks?

BrownBlue

New Jack
The 20th was my heaviest day, 364 stops, 517 pieces all in a P7, of course 30 or so brought out later cause you can't fit half a feeder in a P7. No pick ups, they take them off me cause I don't have time. 350 DR stops.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Clocked out today at 31.56 hours. Heck I thought this was supposed to be part time.

Been going in at 1:30am from Tuesday. Went 9 hours on Wensday, thanks to air running late.

Easy money. Peak is my favorite time of the year.

Maybe, the loader was overwhelmed with work. If we figure out his misload percentage vs. the number of packages just your hands touch, it might make more sense to you.
If you are going out with 40% more volume in your truck, who do you think handles that volume and the volume for every other one of his/her trucks?

I think 12 is a lot.

S

splozi

Today was slow, for my area. Tomorrow we're coming in an hour later. Peak is definitely over.

UPSSOCKS

Oh god here we go, as a driver helper my knee is about to fall off, I have band-aids for the blisters on my feet and my breathing is not looking good either. Put a doctor behind the bulkhead door because I had some rough days this week. I will be having some energy drinks for the first time for lunch and other things. Any suggestions in this thread would also be useful.

Try Tampax

UPSSOCKS

Typical

ONE misload is too many!!! Especially around Christmas time!!!! What if one of those misloads was a Christmas gift for your girlfriend? If your paycheck was off one cent your would be sitting in an office with your arms crossed, but you people are too lazy to check a five digit zip code.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Typical

ONE misload is too many!!! Especially around Christmas time!!!! What if one of those misloads was a Christmas gift for your girlfriend? If your paycheck was off one cent your would be sitting in an office with your arms crossed, but you people are too lazy to check a five digit zip code.
One misload is too many as I wouldn't want your boyfriend's Depends being late. If management hired enough workers, provided enough routes, dispatched correctly, trained correctly, supervised instead of doing our jobs, I doubt misloads would be a problem.
If management cared about the customer, you would dispatch for the customer not Wall Street.

UPSSOCKS

One misload is too many as I wouldn't want your boyfriend's Depends being late. If management hired enough workers, provided enough routes, dispatched correctly, trained correctly, supervised instead of doing our jobs, I doubt misloads would be a problem.
If management cared about the customer, you would dispatch for the customer not Wall Street.

Show me a place that is understaffed and I'll show you a place that has attendance problems. If the lazy teamsters would come to work you would have enough workers. Don't you think management would love to add additional routes and make every day smooth? The problem is Teamsters ruined it for everyone, we were forced to cut routes because we have to make up for the laziness. How can you question a very profitable company that is over 100 years old? That's why your only concern should be your instructions from you supervisor and nothing else. You can't even follow simple instructions yet you think you have the answer to a very successful company that doesn't need answers.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Show me a place that is understaffed and I'll show you a place that has attendance problems. If the lazy teamsters would come to work you would have enough workers. Don't you think management would love to add additional routes and make every day smooth? The problem is Teamsters ruined it for everyone, we were forced to cut routes because we have to make up for the laziness. How can you question a very profitable company that is over 100 years old? That's why your only concern should be your instructions from you supervisor and nothing else. You can't even follow simple instructions yet you think you have the answer to a very successful company that doesn't need answers.
So, management was allowing mere attendance issues be their excuse for inferior oversight?

Johney

Can you explain how this theory works when they cut enough cars to give 6 guys the day off?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

You just confirmed why we all scratch our heads when dealing with the mgmnt of this company.