Deceased Coworker Tested Positive

doodlebug

It has hit home now. Our deceased coworker tested positive (verified by a family member) and of course, management never let us know.

We found out by word of mouth. Talk about emotions running wild.

AB831

It has hit home now. Our deceased coworker tested positive (verified by a family member) and of course, management never let us know.

Sorry for your loss. I wish I could say I am surprised by how it was handled, but I'm not at all. When did he/she pass?

SmithBarney

Time for Solidarity, you all need the day off(same day) Not to mention the CDC requires shutdown and cleaning of facility. And everyone who came in contact needs quarantine.

AB831

Time for Solidarity, you all need the day off(same day) Not to mention the CDC requires shutdown and cleaning of facility. And everyone who came in contact needs quarantine.
When my station got its first positive, we didn't miss a beat. They handed out alcohol wipes and told us that they are taking "every precaution".

floridays

When my station got its first positive, we didn't miss a beat. They handed out alcohol wipes and told us that they are taking "every precaution".
AB831, we are all adults, it is our first duty to take care of ourselves.

I will not defer to an employer or government the duty to care for my safety initially.

That being said, companies do have a duty to provide a safe work place, it looks like some locations may be failing their duty.

Life is not without risks.

Take care, best to you in your studies. :thumbup1:

AB831

I will not defer to an employer or government the duty to care for my safety initially.

That being said, companies do have a duty to provide a safe work place, it looks like some locations may be failing their duty.

Thanks for the kind words. You take care of yourself too.

MassWineGuy

Yes. Except when some adults fail to recognize their symptoms. Or do realize that they are sick but tell themselves it's not bad enough to stop working and earn nothing.

It will be fine

Yes. Except when some adults fail to recognize their symptoms. Or do realize that they are sick but tell themselves it's not bad enough to stop working and earn nothing.
I had all the symptoms. My wife that was obviously exposed and had it had a low temp for half a day. If I hadn’t shown everything she wouldn’t have even noticed.

floridays

You can only control yourself. It's your job to take care of yourself in instances like this.
No exceptions, if you don't feel secure, enjoy staying home.
No one will bust your balls for staying home.

!Retired!

Sorry to hear. A co-worker of mine passed away a ways back (not from the virus), so I get it. I would be fuming at management.

Curious....did the family say if he had an underlying condition? It's extremely rare the virus itself was the culprit.

!Retired!

And you know this how?
Got his Doctoral from the same place as dear leader.
Seriously? Not even a thread about a co-worker passing away is beyond some kind of attack?
But, If you must know, my wife is an RN, I have 2 relatives in NYC that are RN's and another in Florida. I also have a close friend who is a doctor in one of the larger hospitals in the state. Because of them is the reason I go to work without worrying if I'm going to die if I catch it.

floridays

Got his Doctoral from the same place as dear leader.
You've got time to deliver boxes, you've got time to be here. I assume you have time to educate yourself before making posts that show you should still be delivering boxes.

Take some time and educate yourself. If you don't invest the time, no one will help you walk through it.