Deciding PPH

HardknocksUPSer

How does UPS decide what the "planned" PPH of a individual should be, I load package cars and my planned PPH is 300 while others around me have a planned PPH that varies from 200-250, what makes ones "planned" PPH higher than another individuals. If my PPH is over "planned" and I have a misload, I staple it to the misload sheet.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
How does UPS decide what the "planned" PPH of a individual should be, I load package cars and my planned PPH is 300 while others around me have a planned PPH that varies from 200-250, what makes ones "planned" PPH higher than another individuals. If my PPH is over "planned" and I have a misload, I staple it to the misload sheet.

Your Center Manager receives an e-mail from this guy each morning:

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-43BqeKzNuag%2FT-hlJbYsFiI%2FAAAAAAAAA4g%2FA4MGhLiXRAw%2Fs1600%2Fmonkey%2Bcomputer.jpg&friend=1

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

You realize that is the number that ups wants. Your only obligation is to do an honest days work for an honest days pay. End of story.

HardknocksUPSer

You realize that is the number that ups wants. Your only obligation is to do an honest days work for an honest days pay. End of story.
Somewhere along the line I don't feel that my fair days work should be any different from the guys who only load 700 peices a day while I load 1200-1300

Box Ox

100% refuse to work unsafely and forget about PPH. You do 300 PPH, they'll want 330. Misloads and accidents/injuries will be pinned on you. Either can end your time with UPS. Working at a safe and accurate pace can't get you in trouble even if your sups are soiling their pants over it. Should still be pretty fast.

HardknocksUPSer

100% refuse to work unsafely and forget about PPH. You do 300 PPH, they'll want 330. Misloads and accidents/injuries will be pinned on you. Either can end your time with UPS. Working at a safe and accurate pace can't get you in trouble even if your sups are soiling their pants over it. Should still be pretty fast.
Seems being hired as a seasonal really screws you over, had to work hard to keep a job after Christmas and the work volume doesn't go down after hired permanently. Not complaining or trying to get off subject of the original question.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Sort PPH is set by IE. Your individual PPH is set by your sup, at least in my building. You have to remember some cars are going to be a lot different than others. Our mall cars usually have a lot of bigger bulkier boxes, so that guys PPH is low, while the loader next to him has 3 cars with a lot of smalls and res, so his PPH is higher. Your PPH is going to be different because of the nature of volume. Obviously you can do a lot more volume if you are dealing with a lot of smalls compared with big boxes.

HardknocksUPSer

Sort PPH is set by IE. Your individual PPH is set by your sup, at least in my building. You have to remember some cars are going to be a lot different than others. Our mall cars usually have a lot of bigger bulkier boxes, so that guys PPH is low, while the loader next to him has 3 cars with a lot of smalls and res, so his PPH is higher. Your PPH is going to be different because of the nature of volume. Obviously you can do a lot more volume if you are dealing with a lot of smalls compared with big boxes.
Thank you for a reasonable Anwser with your insight on things, appreciate it! Makes perfect sense.

Jkloc420

Somewhere along the line I don't feel that my fair days work should be any different from the guys who only load 700 peices a day while I load 1200-1300

You don't decide the trucks you load. You can only decide how you control the flow. I have had my cars switched around six times in my 13 years at ups. I have went from 800 pieces to 1300 pieces. I load to the drives specifications because their the ones who go out with the loads. If they tell me to put a certain stop in certain place I do it. There isn't much you can do about one person getting less or more. If you have senority you could always bump them out I guess but what is the point.

Jkloc420

It doesn't have have to be fair, never will if you let them run all over you like a peice of :censored2:, management scares 90% of people into working at a unsafe pace. I stay till 9 every morning no matter what.

Aslo I don't care about pph, I worry more about misloads. The only reason I worry about misloads is I don't like screwing the drivers over.

Wayne05

I think I average about 1k a day... I had 2400 one day but everything was under 5 lbs... Some days I only get 800 but that's because I'm stuck handling irregs and everything coming through my chute was over 50 lbs... It varies.