Deerfield Beach, FL hub

Hey guys,

Is there anyone here on the board who can tell me how long on average would be the wait time to become a full time PC driver at this hub? Any additional routes being added or a big influx of retirements coming up there that might speed up the wait time?

I have the option of applying either at Deerfield Beach or Riviera Beach. I think Deerfield might be a better place to work eventually once I become a driver. I've heard that Riviera has some pretty rough neighborhoods.

Are there any specific details I should be aware of once I start working at one of the two hubs? I will probably be working during the reload shift at night.

Thanks

ManInBrown

I'm familiar with the Riviera Beach neighborhood. Some family of mine spends winters in Delray Beach which is a little south of Riviera. Riviera would not be a fun place to work as a driver. I know Deerfield as well. Much nicer area

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm familiar with the Riviera Beach neighborhood. Some family of mine spends winters in Delray Beach which is a little south of Riviera. Riviera would not be a fun place to work as a driver. I know Deerfield as well. Much nicer area

Nah, he'd love Riviera Beach.:devil2:

Johney

Both are centers not hubs and very similar in size. While the Riviera bldg is in a crappy neighborhood I can assure you Deerfield has some crapholes also. As far as wait time? It was in the range of 7-10 years but with a lot of guys moving to feeders and retiring the wait is less maybe 5 years? With the implementation of Orion expect more to leave and maybe the wait shorter.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
According to the troll brown jake, Florida wait time for FT driver is only 1-2 years. I'm sure he's right. He's only on his 2nd attempt at trying to work at ups and doesn't even have seniority. [emoji23]

Seriously though, I'd plan an average of 7-9 years.

StopTheAct

Have to put your time in.... its going to be at least 6 years or more. Dont listen to this 2 year noncence. .. if it was easy, everyone would be a ft driver..