Define what ups misloads are

greivence

I had 2 misloads today ---hin number 2000 was loaded in the 4000 sect --sent thru diad as a misload because it was in the wrong sect management never got back to me to say to del it or sheet as a miss----wanted to get clarification from management that it was ok to break and del the package but they never gave me an answer so is this misload suppose to be sheeted as a miss ---what is UPS DEFINITION OF A MISLOAD---the other one was suppose to go to a PVD driver but it was loaded on me with my hin number and it wasn't in my board ---there 2 packages so I del the one that was on the floor and the other one was on the shelf---missed the one on the shelf sent it in as a misload now they want to terminate for dishonesty ---but I sent it in as a misload----

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had 2 misloads today ---hin number 2000 was loaded in the 4000 sect --sent thru diad as a misload because it was in the wrong sect management never got back to me to say to del it or sheet as a miss----wanted to get clarification from management that it was ok to break and del the package but they never gave me an answer so is this misload suppose to be sheeted as a miss ---what is UPS DEFINITION OF A MISLOAD---the other one was suppose to go to a PVD driver but it was loaded on me with my hin number and it wasn't in my board ---there 2 packages so I del the one that was on the floor and the other one was on the shelf---missed the one on the shelf sent it in as a misload now they want to terminate for dishonesty ---but I sent it in as a misload----
Peak is coming to an end. Bad time to get canned

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Been nice working with you
Buh Bye

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If it's on your truck you need to update the status either as a delivery or non-delivery it really is not rocket science. Misload scan means nothing to someone who typed in their tracking number.

greivence

If it's on your truck you need to update the status either as a delivery or non-delivery it really is not rocket science.
we don't have that option---we send it thru the diad as a missed which is what I did before 1pm today and they have to get back to u if we del it or sheet as a miss

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
we don't have that option---we send it thru the diad as a missed which is what I did before 1pm today
now you are just contradicting yourself.
and they have to get back to u if we del it or sheet as a miss
And then what? for all we care the office can get overrun by underground aliens and the building is sinking into a hole. If they don't get back to u then u would still sheet the package delivered or missed (EC for all you folks in the snow and ice tomorrow lol)

Last edited:

Pullman Brown

A package not loaded on the right shelf is not a misload, it’s mishelved. It’s not in the right place but it’s still on your route and in the board. The PVD package is technically a misload, not in your board -not supposed to be on your truck.

You will also get mislaps, which are misloads. The hin(small sticker number or whatever you use) says it’s supposed to be on your truck but the label is different. They don’t match. The label is where it is addressed to and where it’s supposed to go.

Last edited:

nWo

I mean you get paid by the hour. What did you save by not delivering them? 7 minutes? Just deliver them. Your customers will appreciate you. And as a UPS driver you have to be prepared for days where everything isn't perfect. Sometimes packages end up on the wrong shelf. Sometimes you have to go to the same house twice. It sucks but whatever.

Sometimes you can take the initiative and figure something out without management telling you what to do. A 2000 hin package found on the 4000 shelf should be delivered 99% of the time. There is no need to tell management about it. Just deliver it. Service your customers and file 9.5 if needed.

Everytime I've found a PVD package in my truck I have just delivered it. It's peak they are going to try to squeeze 60 hours out of you anyway.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
So you’re saying it had a pal label for your truck but pal didn’t match shipping label?
We call those bad slap misloads. If it’s off route and they don’t tell me to deliver bad slaps I just record them as missed at the end of my day.
Unless the bad slap is relatively close to my area or on my way back to the building then yes I will run it everytime. I always send those misloads in though regardless because if they want it moved to the correct route then they will come and get it.
But I will not break trace to go and deliver it in the middle of my day.

It's peak season.
Things you get messed up because you have lots of seasonals and other regular people have different assignments

Sometimes you better off this pulling over and taking a little bit of time and sorting your load out.

Geezus

YourMissingCallTag

Do they even train new drivers any more? Sweet baby Jesus, if it’s in your EDD then you deliver it no matter where your loader placed the package in your truck. You get paid by the hour enjoy the easy overtime returning back to an area you already visited to deliver said package……

greivence

Do they even train new drivers any more? Sweet baby Jesus, if it’s in your EDD then you deliver it no matter where your loader placed the package in your truck. You get paid by the hour enjoy the easy overtime returning back to an area you already visited to deliver said package……
u need the supervisors to make that decision --thats what they want --so that what u do ---if u don't get there blessing then u can be accused of padding your stops --your miles increase---and stealing time

greivence

So you’re saying it had a pal label for your truck but pal didn’t match shipping label?
We call those bad slap misloads. If it’s off route and they don’t tell me to deliver bad slaps I just record them as missed at the end of my day.
Unless the bad slap is relatively close to my area or on my way back to the building then yes I will run it everytime. I always send those misloads in though regardless because if they want it moved to the correct route then they will come and get it.
But I will not break trace to go and deliver it in the middle of my day.
see that's it ---we have hin numbers wrong shelf right route ---was supposed to be 2000--was loaded in 4000 ---had 2 different was told to call misloads in by 1pm ---did that ---it is on the misload report for friday morning as being called in they never told me to del them --broke for bldg--took 10 min break got message to del ---asked them if they wanted me go back --they said no