Dehydrated?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So I weighed myself yesterday after work and again today after work. I lost 8.1 lbs since yesterday. I drank 2 bottled waters today, a 64 oz Gatorade G2 and two 12 oz cans of diet mt dew (yeah I know the sodium in soda is working against me, but that's my caffeine source).
When I saw the 8lb drop in one day I have been chugging water and have had four 20 oz glasses of sugar free kool aid since I got home.
We had a couple guys have dehydration issues in the last couple days here and one guy who apparently hydrated too much some how...
I felt a little light headed today, but just figured it was the super hot weather. Guess I'll try to drink more water tomorrow.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So I weighed myself yesterday after work and again today after work. I lost 8.1 lbs since yesterday. I drank 2 bottled waters today, a 64 oz Gatorade G2 and two 12 oz cans of diet mt dew (yeah I know the sodium in soda is working against me, but that's my caffeine source).
When I saw the 8lb drop in one day I have been chugging water and have had four 20 oz glasses of sugar free kool aid since I got home.
We had a couple guys have dehydration issues in the last couple days here and one guy who apparently hydrated too much some how...
I felt a little light headed today, but just figured it was the super hot weather. Guess I'll try to drink more water tomorrow.

Retire.

Drink beer.

Problem solved.;)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That is the only good thing about all the sweating. But Lord today I couldnt drink enough. I think I drank 1/2 gal at least of water with ice. Trust me it didnt keep ice in it very long. So a 44 oz glass, with ice and water x4, thats a lot.(not good at math, is that a gallon?) +or - an ounce here and there. But the minute I headed home, and quit sweating it out, boy I had to pee quick and in a hurry!!

That is the only good thing about all the sweating. But Lord today I couldnt drink enough. I think I drank 1/2 gal at least of water with ice. Trust me it didnt keep ice in it very long. So a 44 oz glass, with ice and water x4, thats a lot.(not good at math, is that a gallon?) +or - an ounce here and there. But the minute I headed home, and quit sweating it out, boy I had to pee quick and in a hurry!!
No beer?

barnyard

KTM rider
I take 4 quarts of water in my cooler. I usually refill one on route and have at least 2 glasses of water with lunch. Drinking pop or anything with caffeine will wreck all your efforts to stay hydrated.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The heat index was 110 here today. It sucked.
First part of the summer I was parking the truck in partial shade and leaving it closed up and hung out in a business in A/C for my lunch hour. When we hit the 90+ weather I started parking on a side street with heavy tree cover in the shade with the doors open. I don't get the A/C but the back of the truck is a lot easier to take after lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You've got to drink more. I drink that 64 ounce Gatorade before I even make it into work.

While you need to stay hydrated at work what you drink the night before and the morning before work is even more important. That's when you are hydrating yourself.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438225468.329335.jpg

I freeze these every night, I have ice water all day. I usually drop about five pounds from what I weigh in the morning and what I weigh when I get home.