Delaying the vote

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You could be right..I am hoping you are right. It depends on the Supplements and riders. With most of the membership dissecting and critiquing the "Master" will that give the regional negotiating committees more power or incentive to improve any language not covered with the "Master". Remember the Strike vote is still in the back pocket of the International, how they use it will tell volumes.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Remember the Strike vote is still in the back pocket of the International, how they use it will tell volumes.

Ultimately, the decision lies with the members.

If they are so dissatisfied with the contract but don't bother to vote....

Then the IBT has done their job.

And, the members will have to "lie in the bed they made".

-Bug-

CitizenTruth

The IBT and company both understand there is zero chance of this passing without rigging the vote so they are going to continue to delay the vote to temper the anger. My anger is building the more I learn, I hope everyone stays vigilant and outspoken about this horrible contract in this booming economy. Can we demand a vote or strike? Seems like they could keep kicking the can down the road and hold out on the vote until the economy slows and member anger subsides.
How can ups get every member to fill out mvdc, but we can get every membe to vote.
We have to demand this from every member we can do it!!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ultimately, the decision lies with the members.

If they are so dissatisfied with the contract but don't bother to vote....

Then the IBT has done their job.

And, the members will have to "lie in the bed they made".

-Bug-

I will never understand with every contract or election why the vast majority of our full time members do not even bother to vote. It has always been hovering below 40 percent, the "97" one was the only one near 50%.

This electronic system is practical (quicker and cheaper) and it would sure be informative if we all knew the voter percentages with the last "strike vote", (on a need to know basis I guess). The old mailing ballot was so, so simple and still only 40 percent of our membership bothered to turn one in.

I said this before but it still grieves me that most of people on this site who care enough to voice an opinion will be making an informed decision. I still find it hard to take that my personal vote (over 41 years seniority) will be cancelled out by a 2 month part timer who is only seeing the 3 dollar a hour increase. I know that in every building they are always hiring new people but I do see an increase with these new kids. It could be a padding of yes votes to get this contract passed. Could these new uninformed part time members make an impact on this contract?

It would of been fair to separate the part time from the full time on these contracts, let each vote on their own issues, or let the full time vote count more than the part time one. Still a vast majority of them do not vote either, but it would be to the advantage or UPS to start having more pizzas parties and let up on the harassment just enough to get this contract passed, then watch out (What attendance bonus) (minimum wage for 5 years) (increased productivity standards) and (lay offs)..

M

MenInBrown

I will never understand with every contract or election why the vast majority of our full time members do not even bother to vote. It has always been hovering below 40 percent, the "97" one was the only one near 50%.

This electronic system is practical (quicker and cheaper) and it would sure be informative if we all knew the voter percentages with the last "strike vote", (on a need to know basis I guess). The old mailing ballot was so, so simple and still only 40 percent of our membership bothered to turn one in.

I said this before but it still grieves me that most of people on this site who care enough to voice an opinion will be making an informed decision. I still find it hard to take that my personal vote (over 41 years seniority) will be cancelled out by a 2 month part timer who is only seeing the 3 dollar a hour increase. I know that in every building they are always hiring new people but I do see an increase with these new kids. It could be a padding of yes votes to get this contract passed. Could these new uninformed part time members make an impact on this contract?

It would of been fair to separate the part time from the full time on these contracts, let each vote on their own issues, or let the full time vote count more than the part time one. Still a vast majority of them do not vote either, but it would be to the advantage or UPS to start having more pizzas parties and let up on the harassment just enough to get this contract passed, then watch out (What attendance bonus) (minimum wage for 5 years) (increased productivity standards) and (lay offs)..

I’m not too worried about all these new people. It’s our responsibility to educate the new ones. Them not knowing how this contract affects them is our fault and our fault only. We have to communicate with everyone.

mikejonesjr

Your way of thinking is why part timers got sold out long ago by full timers, and your solution is for part time votes to mean even less now. Lmao

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's insulting, to even suggest something like that.

Grown adults need someone to hold their hand ?

This is the Teamsters Union....

Not the gay and poncy hairdressers collective.

-Bug-
What's it like to wake up in 1957 every day of your life???

Did you even pause for a second before you hit the "post reply" button?

~Bbbl~™

Doubleparkedrunner

That's insulting, to even suggest something like that.

Grown adults need someone to hold their hand ?

This is the Teamsters Union....

Not the gay and poncy hairdressers collective.

-Bug-
Apparently the collective bargaining higher ups need someone to hold their hands to negotiate a better contract.