Deliberate Removal of Accident Packets in Express Trucks?

Whats in the Box

Our station had a major accident with the newer Benz Sprinter this week. The courier was ok and was able to walk away from the accident and was deemed non-preventable due to numerous witnesses seeing a stupid driver weaving in lanes and created the accident.

The courier told me that he did not have one of those Manila accident packets in his truck when getting info from witnesses. The next day, I went to look in my truck and I didn't have a packet either. WTF?!?

Is this a deliberate move by Express by removing the accident packets? From what I knew is there are witness cards, admissions of fault, and diagrams of the intersection/roadway to help the courier and in some cases corroborates the courier that was not in fault.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our station had a major accident with the newer Benz Sprinter this week. The courier was ok and was able to walk away from the accident and was deemed non-preventable due to numerous witnesses seeing a stupid driver weaving in lanes and created the accident.

The courier told me that he did not have one of those Manila accident packets in his truck when getting info from witnesses. The next day, I went to look in my truck and I didn't have a packet either. WTF?!?

Is this a deliberate move by Express by removing the accident packets? From what I knew is there are witness cards, admissions of fault, and diagrams of the intersection/roadway to help the courier and in some cases corroborates the courier that was not in fault.

Checking for your accident packet used to be part of the pre-trip procedure. We all know that nobody checks, but maybe we should.

SmithBarney

Sorry Dano... trucks are audited usually yearly, and an accident packet is something that should never leave a truck ever(unless in accident) Now if it's a NEW vehicle whoever was the first to drive it/set it up probably screwed up and didn't do it right.

whenIgetthere

I don't understand. Why would they deliberately remove the packets?

We were out of VIR's for a week because the SAL forgot to order them. I was lucky, no one uses my truck at night, so I had plenty of pages left to use. Some had no VIR to sign off on. Not sure of the fine, but I'm sure it ain't pretty if you get pulled over.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were out of VIR's for a week because the SAL forgot to order them. I was lucky, no one uses my truck at night, so I had plenty of pages left to use. Some had no VIR to sign off on. Not sure of the fine, but I'm sure it ain't pretty if you get pulled over.
I think I would have refused to go on road without a VIR book. Why didn't they send someone to the station closest to yours to get some?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sorry Dano... trucks are audited usually yearly, and an accident packet is something that should never leave a truck ever(unless in accident) Now if it's a NEW vehicle whoever was the first to drive it/set it up probably screwed up and didn't do it right.

So it's beyond the realm of possibilities that someone forgot to put one in a truck?

The black helicopter is strong with this one.

Whats in the Box

I don't understand. Why would they deliberately remove the packets?

I'm throwing out the 'deliberate' label in the same thought-train like all accidents/incidents are preventable until proven unpreventable by an incompetent manager. I feel like those accident packets are like a get out of jail card with the credibility that goes with it.

I did look into other trucks in my station, and yes the other trucks Did Not have the packets either!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm throwing out the 'deliberate' label in the same thought-train like all accidents/incidents are preventable until proven unpreventable by an incompetent manager. I feel like those accident packets are like a get out of jail card with the credibility that goes with it.

Why would the company deliberately get rid something that would go a long way in helping to absolve it of any responsibility in an accident?

CJinx

We don't have books at Ground, the scanner generates a printout at the end of the day where defects are indicated.
No defects detected; meanwhile the truck is smoking and the driver is complaining to his mechanic that he couldn't driver any faster than 20 mph. o_O