Delivering misleads after dark

Aspiring Jenga Master

With the gun nuts out there and being in a ruby red republican area, I have to wonder if there are policy or safety procedures for delivering mail after dark. I'm always scared I am gonna get shot dilvering a misload after dark since the time change.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
With the gun nuts out there and being in a ruby red republican area, I have to wonder if there are policy or safety procedures for delivering mail after dark. I'm always scared I am gonna get shot dilvering a misload after dark since the time change.
happens all the time in rural areas right

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Tap your horn as you pull up to a stop. Nothing new about delivering when it's dark. Vast majority of gun owners are responsible, if you are worried about getting shot delivering, then maybe you are in the wrong line of work

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Don't worry, you are safe in the hub now. Also, you have much more to worry about in the sapphire blue democrat inner cities, where every junkie with an illegally obtained firearm is just waiting for an opportunity to shoot you and steal your package car. The ruby reds are just trying to protect their property, and are far more likely to give you a warning shot.

But if you do find yourself in such a frightful situation again, yes, we have procedures. Honk twice and announce yourself with "UPS".

InsideUPS

Simple solution(s) - Driver cross with "Loose Dog" (I'm sure you heard a dog barking in the area ;-) OR "Need Directions". Bring to exception clerk. The clerk can try to contact the consignee alerting them to the fact to be expecting a package the next delivery day. Of course, NXA always works also.

Simple solution(s) - Driver cross with "Loose Dog" (I'm sure you heard a dog barking in the area ;-) OR "Need Directions". Bring to exception clerk. The clerk can try to contact the consignee alerting them to the fact to be expecting a package the next delivery day. Of course, NXA always works also.
You shouldn't AP it without a delivery notice.
That's not right. It's not the customers fault that it was misloaded.

Box Ox

I like to yell "Surprise!" for customers who had thought their package might not arrive that day. Would probably be an issue if I weren't white. The folks further back into the woods can get a little jumpy sometimes.

Drink Craft Beer

The time change happened almost 3mos. ago. You've never delivered a package in the dark before??

Why does it matter if it's a misload or not??

Dumbperson

I'll take the fellow gun toters like me out in the country. We can chat about load outs and next purchases. You can have gleaming Democratic housing projects.

rod

Retired 22 years
You can't call yourself a real UPS driver unless you've had a customer open his door with a gun in hand at least a couple times.