Delivering Pizza

Pkgcar1988

So I was delivering tonight and pulled up to a house, got out the same time the neighbor girl was coming out of the house, here's the conversation.
Me:" how's it going?"
Her :" pretty good just going to work."
Me:" that sucks, I'm just about done" (6:00)
Her:" yeah, but I do the same thing as you"
Me:" oh really, how's that?"
Her:" I deliver pizza for Pizza Hut"
Me (with a chuckle) yeah, I guess it's about the same.
I really wanted to say yeah but I make $30 more an hour than you and it's a little more involved than just delivering pizza.
Me:"I would love to have a truck load of pizza right now, I'm starving."
She laughed and drove off. Just thought it was funny and I would share.:happy-very:

barnyard

KTM rider
There is a guy in my center that delivers pizza on Friday and Saturdays. He said that he usually makes quite a bit more per hour than at UPS.

wayfair

swollen member
and if he gets hurt on the job at pizza hut... or goes over allowed on road hours per DOT

blah, blah, blah...

his problem, not mine

a driver here that has another part time job on the weekends, he's a runner.... off at 530 everyday so he can work at his part time $12 hour job

scisector9

We have a lot of guys at my center with pizza delivery experience myself included. I delivered all through college. On Friday and Saturday nights you could make around 25 an hour with wage and tips. If pizza delivery offered bennis I would still be doing it. Gravy.

He must have a flexible boss. "I may be in at 6 or it may be 9". No consistency at my. center anyway. Guess some of us just love driving.

Cheers

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
and if he gets hurt on the job at pizza hut... or goes over allowed on road hours per DOT

blah, blah, blah...

his problem, not mine

a driver here that has another part time job on the weekends, he's a runner.... off at 530 everyday so he can work at his part time $12 hour job
Boggles my mind why you'd work somewhere else after putting in 45-55hrs a week just to make a 1/3 of what OT pays, including travel time to the other job.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have a lot of guys at my center with pizza delivery experience myself included. I delivered all through college. On Friday and Saturday nights you could make around 25 an hour with wage and tips. If pizza delivery offered bennis I would still be doing it. Gravy.

He must have a flexible boss. "I may be in at 6 or it may be 9". No consistency at my. center anyway. Guess some of us just love driving.

Cheers
25 is a far cry from 48, plus you use your own vehicle and gas. Folks must really hate working UPS to do that, which raises the question, why keep going back to UPS?

UPSGUY72

There is a guy in my center that delivers pizza on Friday and Saturdays. He said that he usually makes quite a bit more per hour than at UPS.

There is a sucker born every minute? If he makes $10 from the to start he needs to make over $23 hr in tips. Than you need to account for gas. our pizza delivery person. If his average tip was $3 he needs to make over 8 deliveries a hour. You do the math but I'll also tell you there is a reason why Domino's did away with the 30 minute guarantee.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
asd.jpg

blah, blah, blah...

his problem, not mine

asd.jpg