Delivering The NFL Game Ball

Raw

Raw Member
How many drivers on this site have had the privilege of delivering the game ball at your local NFL stadium? I don't mean to the loading dock but actually on the field. I got the chance last fall at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. Ran out of the tunnel in my Browns and the Equipment Manager was waiting in the end zone to sign for the ball. They showed it on the big screen before kick-off. Even signed an autograph for a fan hanging over the fence.
How is that a privilge? The majority of players are thugs and spoiled little boys who think their better than us people who work for a living plus they make more in one game than we earn in 2 years and the owners are pitiful in their own right. Look how Jerry Jones the owner of the Cowboys treated the great legend Tom Landry with no respect and Art Modell taking the Browns out of Cleveland under the cover of darkness. Are you listening Steve Mcnair, oh I forgot one of your mistress` killed you for cheating on her with other mistresses! RIP :sad-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On a more positive note, NFL players are, for the most part, among the most pure athletes in the world. It is hard to get a true sense of their size and athleticism when watching on TV. Attending an NFL game in person is an experience that goes beyond the game, whether it be tailgating or simply enjoying the game with other fans. I would be honored if chosen to do this.

Yes, NFL players do have more than their fair share of "issues" but these do not take away from the experience for the average fan.

NHDRVR

How is that a privilge? The majority of players are thugs and spoiled little boys who think their better than us people who work for a living plus they make more in one game than we earn in 2 years and the owners are pitiful in their own right. Look how Jerry Jones the owner of the Cowboys treated the great legend Tom Landry with no respect and Art Modell taking the Browns out of Cleveland under the cover of darkness. Are you listening Steve Mcnair, oh I forgot one of your mistress` killed you for cheating on her with other mistresses! RIP :sad-very:

The NFL is no different than any other organization. We hear about the 'bad' guys because they make the news with childish behavior and worse. It's more accurately 10% or so and that happens to be the same percentage in any other organization that likes to make noise and cause problems. Sounds like other groups I am aware of...

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
How many drivers on this site have had the privilege of delivering the game ball at your local NFL stadium? I don't mean to the loading dock but actually on the field. I got the chance last fall at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. Ran out of the tunnel in my Browns and the Equipment Manager was waiting in the end zone to sign for the ball. They showed it on the big screen before kick-off. Even signed an autograph for a fan hanging over the fence.

I delivered a case of "Glitter Body Lotion" to the local strip club on Friday afternoon. That's pretty much the same thing, right? :wink2:

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
On a more positive note, NFL players are, for the most part, among the most pure athletes in the world. It is hard to get a true sense of their size and athleticism when watching on TV. Attending an NFL game in person is an experience that goes beyond the game, whether it be tailgating or simply enjoying the game with other fans. I would be honored if chosen to do this.

Yes, NFL players do have more than their fair share of "issues" but these do not take away from the experience for the average fan.

They ARE amazing athletes...once got to go down on the field for the intros, watching these HUGE guys run with such speed and grace was awesome! You really don't get a feel for how big they are on TV. The thin looking wide receivers are BIG up close, and even just running onto the field for intros are FAST! Considering the hits they all take, you wonder how the human body can take that kind of punishment.

And most of them are regular guys....you only hear about the bad boys. 98% of the players don't get into trouble, and don't make that much money, considering the average NFL career is what, 5 years long? Tough to save up for retirement on the NFL minimum....then you have to go work for a living at age 26 or 27.