Delivery Vehicle

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What year is the truck you drive? And how many miles?
We have a 700 in our fleet that is just under 1 million miles. It is a 96 International.

The one I drive is the same year only it has 310,000.

Last edited:

gman042

HAH......we were supposed to get 5 brand new 700s and 1 new thousand last fall. HOWEVER.....someone pulled some strings and got the new trucks instead and we ended up with their hand-me-downs. Not really what we needed with an aged and decrepit fleet.

HAH......we were supposed to get 5 brand new 700s and 1 new thousand last fall. HOWEVER.....someone pulled some strings and got the new trucks instead and we ended up with their hand-me-downs. Not really what we needed with an aged and decrepit fleet.
That's friend---ing logistics for you.

S

splozi

Is there a way to tell what model the car is without... just knowing? I'm wondering which models I load.

gman042

1987 GMC 1000 4gear only God knows how many times it has rolled over. But they put a keyless entry in it.... :/

AH.....the ol' high stepper. It is too bad they cannot retrofit a low step into these older models. I run 2 trucks every day, The first is one of these on a business/bulk loop.

RedThunder

2003 Mack 850K still in good shape. Feeders, put about 600 miles a day on it. Worst at my center 1998 Mack 1.6 million miles. On the do not repair list. Next thing that goes wrong gets it crushed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
2011 freightliner p-700 16,000 miles at around 230-250 a day they add up fast. I remember my first peak 5 years ago I had an old p-500 and I turned it over to 1,000,000 miles that was kinda nuts. Thank goodness those have all disappeared at least at my center.