Democratic Sen. Sinema has registered as an independent

newfie

if she caucauses with the republicans she retains her leverage in the senate. that would be the power move if she is smart enough and gutsy enough to play it.

newolddude

if she caucauses with the republicans she retains her leverage in the senate. that would be the power move if she is smart enough and gutsy enough to play it.

She said she’s still going to caucus with the Democrats.

Remember, she’s bisexual and perverts like that aren’t allowed in the GOP.

newolddude

If you guys want to have her, have her.

It’s all about who/what can serve her need to make as much money as she can. Her record of voter engagement with the citizens of Arizona is horrendous. The only reason she leaves Washington and go home is to get more money from local companies.

A typical Sinema phone call:

Last edited:

newolddude

FjiIf7mXEAI5Q3n

vantexan

If you guys want to have her, have her.

It’s all about who/what can serve her need to make as much money as she can. Her record of voter engagement with the citizens of Arizona is horrendous. The only reason she leaves Washington and go home is to get more money from local companies.

A typical Sinema phone call:
She was a media darling until she voted her conscience instead of the party line. She had no choice. Arizona isn't a deep blue state.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
She was a media darling until she voted her conscience instead of the party line. She had no choice. Arizona isn't a deep blue state.
I have no idea where you got that from. If by 'voted her conscience' you mean voted for her corporate sponsors, then yes.

She was going to be primaried if she tried to run as a Democrat. By running as an Independent, she assures a Republican win. The bar for getting on the ballot as an Independent in AZ is higher than as a D or R. I'm not sure she will clear that bar by the time of the next election.

vantexan

I have no idea where you got that from. If by 'voted her conscience' you mean voted for her corporate sponsors, then yes.

She was going to be primaried if she tried to run as a Democrat. By running as an Independent, she assures a Republican win. The bar for getting on the ballot as an Independent in AZ is higher than as a D or R. I'm not sure she will clear that bar by the time of the next election.
She's the incumbent senator. If third parties can run that have no chance then I doubt she'll have a problem if she chooses to run. And her conscience means she didn't want to be part of ending a time honored tradition in the Senate in order to give the Democrats carte blanche.

Box Ox

There's actually been Democrats caught on tape saying they should lie and pretend to be Republicans or independents to undermine our political system and get more left wing policies.

Sure. Biden included. Such a moderate.

Most moderate President since Chester A. Arthur.
Biden is a moderate. Your fears are misplaced. If the Democrats wanted a far left candidate they had plenty to choose from.