Dennis K.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Kucinich was already out of touch with the democratic party and needed to go. No real news there.

Peace.

TOS

Kucinich knew his days were numbered so he's been spending time in Washington State cozying-up to the voters there. Don't be surprised to see him run for office out on the left coast.

wkmac

Daniel McCarthy at The American Conservative on the loss of Kucinich from Congress. And Glenn Greenwald of the left/progressive POV also adds in. But then what would this say of the republicrat and democon partiarches who both without end trash Kucinich at every turn. But then I see condemnation from these 2 sides who illusion to the public as opposites as a badge of honor to Dennis. Then the likes of Dennis and Ron Paul are living proof these 2 supposed opposites aren't really opposites to begin with. And this probably didn't help his cause among democon partiarches either (heroic and showed consistency IMO) but he sure showed consistency that was admired by folks who travel outside the partiarch circle.

Kind of interesting where 2 voices linked above that would seem in opposition based on group identity name would both wax in sadness at the defeat of Kucinich from Congress. I too would agree with both POV's. Disagree with him on points, yes I did but as a democrat of the left tradition, he was the real McCoy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A local talk show tells a story about him, he was invited on to the show and stayed until it was over, when they asked him if he needed a ride to his hotel he declined and spent the night sleeping on the floor of the studio.

wkmac

A local talk show tells a story about him, he was invited on to the show and stayed until it was over, when they asked him if he needed a ride to his hotel he declined and spent the night sleeping on the floor of the studio.

Kucinich was not a politician who entered office and then became of means and wealth. In an age when rags to riches is the norm in doing the people's business (and is that term wide open for discussion) Kincinich seems to have shunned that approach to political life and regardless of his politics, we all should appreciate that in Dennis. I'd think it's safe to say he's not profitted from selling his vote so as I said earlier, he's the real McCoy!

wkmac

Somehow I missed this gentleman over the years. I just Googled some on him.

Different he is.

No argument there but I wonder what conversations we'd be having about gov't if our elected officials maintained modest means like Dennis has. We rightly all complain about the money in politics and how it spoils everything and yet here is a guy who stayed away from it but yet the power structure of both parties make fun of him. Come on folks, this ain't rocket science here!

texan

No argument there but I wonder what conversations we'd be having about gov't if our elected officials maintained modest means like Dennis has. We rightly all complain about the money in politics and how it spoils everything and yet here is a guy who stayed away from it but yet the power structure of both parties make fun of him. Come on folks, this ain't rocket science here!

I agree. Money, or the love of money corrupts the best of them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
107715_600.jpg