Dennis the Menace Gets His!

bbsam

Staff member
Essentially he is charged for getting his money out of a bank and then not telling the truth to the government of his reason why. Has to be one of the dumbest laws on the books. They're not even trying to claim the money was earned illegally. I'm no fan of politicians and the irony of this insane law being used against him doesn't escape me either.
And Bill Clinton lied about getting a BJ in the Oval Office and all we hears about was the "rule of law" and that "poor little girl, Monica Lewinsky" (who happened to be a consenting adult). Can we at least agree that Hastert paying hush money to hid his child molestation is more serious? I would think we could.

wkmac

And Bill Clinton lied about getting a BJ in the Oval Office and all we hears about was the "rule of law" and that "poor little girl, Monica Lewinsky" (who happened to be a consenting adult). Can we at least agree that Hastert paying hush money to hid his child molestation is more serious? I would think we could.

Never knew there was any question on that point.

wkmac

So then where is the "rule of law" crowd?

Ask MFedex as he seems to fit that mold here in this discussion. Beyond that, I'm not of that ilk so they don't send me an invite to their gatherings. Not even a nice birthday card.

Guess I know where I stand!
;)

av8torntn

No. Look at your tag line from Hayek, which about says it all. You sound like our local Tea Party/Libertarian talk show star, who gets high ratings by ranting against anything run by the government, being anti-teacher and anti-union, pro-gun, and loving those military folks. He knows his lunatic fringe demographic is mostly over 65 and still longing for a return to the America of old.

My guess is that you would be an avid listener. Michael Savage does the same thing, even going so far as to play 1940s bumper music to appeal to his Greatest Generation audience.

You come across as a very bitter person.

Maybe we should get a law requiring you to get government permission daily to not listen to your radio show.

BrownArmy

Go ahead and explain it.

I'm not sure I need to be the one to explain this to you, but you asked.

The hypocrisy is evident.

Hastert was partially influential in the implementation of a law that he later broke.

Whether the law has merit or not isn't the point.

Hastert decided that the populace should be governed in a certain way.

Later on, he decided he was not a party to the 'populace'.

And he broke a law he helped implement.

Hence, the hypocrisy.

Now, we can argue all day whether or not the 'law' he broke is 'legal', or if it's even 'Constitutional'.

Regardless of what Hastert did or didn't do, he's a hypocrite for imposing rules that he chooses not to follow.

Clear?

av8torntn

I'm not sure I need to be the one to explain this to you, but you asked.

The hypocrisy is evident.

Hastert was partially influential in the implementation of a law that he later broke.

Whether the law has merit or not isn't the point.

Hastert decided that the populace should be governed in a certain way.

Later on, he decided he was not a party to the 'populace'.

And he broke a law he helped implement.

Hence, the hypocrisy.

Now, we can argue all day whether or not the 'law' he broke is 'legal', or if it's even 'Constitutional'.

Regardless of what Hastert did or didn't do, he's a hypocrite for imposing rules that he chooses not to follow.

Clear?

So you're saying Clinton was responsible for what law that he broke exactly? Was Clinton responsible for perjury laws or what?

You're the one trying to make the point so why wouldn't you want to make it clearly?

BrownArmy

So you're saying Clinton was responsible for what law that he broke exactly? Was Clinton responsible for perjury laws or what?

You're the one trying to make the point so why wouldn't you want to make it clearly?

I wasn't saying anything about Clinton.

???

oldngray

nowhere special
Dennis the Menace usually refers to this guy
220px-Denniskucinich1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Kucinich

av8torntn

What am I missing?

Nothing.

I acknowledge the do as I say not as I do hypocrisy. When people piggybacked off your post with the Clinton stuff I thought that I was missing something. I still don't see a connection there unless they're saying both are rspists. Then the hypocrisy would be that they aren't calling for jail time for him with his current IRS mess.