Depth of knowledge

BigRed1008

I know the 5s and 10s, wasn’t sure if the lifting and lowering, slips and falls backing rules and yard control procedures were needed to be recited word for word, thanks

quad decade guy

For driving school do you need to know the whole depth of knowledge word for word, or just the 5s and 10s? Thanks
What did your trainer tell you? So odd....wouldn't they be the first person you would ask and most likely the last? Do you really think this is all up for negotiation? Are you one of these guys that shows up when they want to....and especially Saturdays? Or breaks your own finger to get time off?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Proud 1989 Intergrad graduate here !!
All Good Kids Like Milk !
Here's a map a uniform and the keys ,, don't miss a Pkg , don't miss a pickup and don't hit anything, now get going !!

MrBates

For driving school do you need to know the whole depth of knowledge word for word, or just the 5s and 10s? Thanks
In my center a lot of qualifying drivers don't realize how important it is to know EVERYTHING word for word. If it came down to picking one driver over another to qualify, each with equally good numbers, it then comes down to who follows the methods better AND who has the 5 10's, and all the other safety literature memorized. I learned this the hard way and the second time around, I recited EVERYTHING like I was the teacher of the class. If you REALLY want it, don't leave ANY DOUBT.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
In my center a lot of qualifying drivers don't realize how important it is to know EVERYTHING word for word. If it came down to picking one driver over another to qualify, each with equally good numbers, it then comes down to who follows the methods better AND who has the 5 10's, and all the other safety literature memorized. I learned this the hard way and the second time around, I recited EVERYTHING like I was the teacher of the class. If you REALLY want it, don't leave ANY DOUBT.
I do recall being asked questions about DOK by Center Manager, but they shook me up a bit because it just one or two random aspects and “What does it do?”

i.e. “Okay Keep your eyes moving, How do we do it?”

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I do recall being asked questions about DOK by Center Manager, but they shook me up a bit because it just one or two random aspects and “What does it do?”

i.e. “Okay Keep your eyes moving, How do we do it?”
I’ve personally witnessed some of the dumbest mfers EVER recite the DOK word for word. Because they put the work in. You can teach a monkey the 5’s and 10’s

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Some of us struggle with memorization and recitation
Some of the smartest people I know….do also! I have a friend that works for NASA who cried whenever he was forced to speak on front of the class all throughout our childhood 😂 smartest human being I know, crumbled around women and people he didn’t know. Everybody is good at some sh**, and bad at other stuff

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve personally witnessed some of the dumbest mfers EVER recite the DOK word for word. Because they put the work in. You can teach a monkey the 5’s and 10’s
One of my proudest accomplishments at ups never learned any of the BS but still got a circle of honor patch
DM didn’t understand how one could happen without the other

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What did your trainer tell you? So odd....wouldn't they be the first person you would ask and most likely the last? Do you really think this is all up for negotiation? Are you one of these guys that shows up when they want to....and especially Saturdays? Or breaks your own finger to get time off?
C1C409A0-C8E2-40FD-A35A-03168F5C2AC3.jpeg