Deputy strikes UPS truck

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Deputy strikes UPS truck - The Hawkeye

An unmarked Des Moines County Sheriff's Office vehicle sustained thousands of dollars in damages after it struck a parked United Parcel Service delivery truck, Burlington Police officials said.

Breckon, a report indicated, told police he was using his in-car computer and did not noticed the UPS truck parked alongside the street until the last second.

The deputy swerved in an attempt to miss the delivery truck, but a panel of the Explorer still struck the left rear bumper of the UPS truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
Let me guess. The cop had been out all day writting tickets to people using their cell phones while driving:wink2:

UPSGUY72

This guy needs to get his eyes checked right after he gets fired. Come on "did see a UPS truck" How can you miss the big brown truck?

DS

Fenderbender
Police estimate the damage to the sheriff's office vehicle at $4,000 and listed $500 damage to the delivery truck.

No citations were issued.

SoyFish

"Breckon, a report indicated, told police he was using his in-car computer and did not noticed the UPS truck parked alongside the street until the last second."

How can you now see one of them suckers? LOL

browned out

I would say the police officer may have received a warning notice at most not the termination that a UPS driver would receive if the situation were reversed. We had a driver charged with an avoidable when he was stopped at a light and hit by fleeing car of a police chase.