Designated walk path and personal integrity.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Let's suppose you are verbally given a PCM one day.

The PCM is a corporate PCM not a local PCM.

Stay on designated walk paths.

Do not walk on lawns unless it is necessary to do so. Absolutely no exceptions unless no alternative exists.

After reading this PCM your center manager says something like this:

"That's all well and good ladies and gentlemen but I want you to take the most direct route from the package car to the stop. Please be extra careful when cutting across lawns."

Scan your path and we shouldn't have any problems with this issue".

How would you conduct your self with integrity based upon the above example?

Sincerely,
I

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
corporate directives are worthless, and 99/100 your local management is trying to save you a headache by instructing you to ignore them

you'll never be fired for working as your local management directed you, so why even bother with the mickey-mouse bull**** corporate wants you to do?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the customer ordered the package they are giving me permission to be on their property as far as I'm concerned. If they don't want me on it they can leave a lock box at the edge of the property. Otherwise I'm getting that stop off as fast and secure as possible.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Early in my career I had a Supe with me and we cut across a lawn to make a delivery. The woman bitched at us for walking on the grass and to this day I seldom cut across the lawn.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Do not walk on lawns unless it is necessary to do so. Absolutely no exceptions unless no alternative exists.

"That's all well and good ladies and gentlemen but I want you to take the most direct route from the package car to the stop. Please be extra careful when cutting across lawns."

Sincerely,
I

You must be bored szitzless!

Integrity

Binge Poster
corporate directives are worthless, and 99/100 your local management is trying to save you a headache by instructing you to ignore them

you'll never be fired for working as your local management directed you, so why even bother with the mickey-mouse bull**** corporate wants you to do?

If the customer ordered the package they are giving me permission to be on their property as far as I'm concerned. If they don't want me on it they can leave a lock box at the edge of the property. Otherwise I'm getting that stop off as fast and secure as possible.

I walk where I feel I should walk based on the situation. I'm the driver.

Direct path from Point A to B.

How is directly and willfully violating UPS Corporate orders working with integrity?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster

TearsInRain,

I disagree.

Employees of UPS are just that, employed by the Corporation UPS.

All employees of UPS are required to follow Corporate Policy and Directives.

Please see page 14 of the UPS Policy Book.

Sincerely,
I

UPSGUY72

Sincerely,
I

The "Designated Walk Path" is the most direct safe path between the package car and the Delivery point. It might consist of a driveway or sidewalk or it might consist of a dirt path and grass. I'm the driver and the person delivering the package I determine the best path from the car to the delivery point and back.

The "Designated walk path" isn't always the safest.

In the winter time I make it a point to stay off icy "designated walk paths" they can be hazardous to your health.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The "Designated Walk Path" is the most direct safe path between the package car and the Delivery point. It might consist of a driveway or sidewalk or it might consist of a dirt path and grass. I'm the driver and the person delivering the package I determine the best path from the car to the delivery point and back.

The "Designated walk path" isn't always the safest.

In the winter time I make it a point to stay off icy "designated walk paths" they can be hazardous to your health.
upsguy72,

The purpose and discussion point is about integrity not about anyone's opinion as to the definition of the term "designated walk path".

You can search other threads for this.

The corporate direction in the PCM example is clear.

Based upon the example that was in the original post;

How can anyone consider themselves a person of integrity if they would blatently, intentionally, and willfully disregard this clear corporate directive?

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How can anyone consider themselves a person of integrity if they would blatently, intentionally, and willfully disregard this clear corporate directive?
Sincerely,
I

Would u drive your package care off a cliff a day after hitting full scale if that was the corporate directive. No you wouldn't. I prefer common sense over integrity.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
TearsInRain,

I disagree.

Employees of UPS are just that, employed by the Corporation UPS.

All employees of UPS are required to follow Corporate Policy and Directives.

Please see page 14 of the UPS Policy Book.

Sincerely,
I

we're also citizens of the United States and bound to follow ALL the laws at ALL times

do you think that's reasonable or possible too?

policies and rules are nothing more than guidelines, nothing is ever set in stone