Designated Walk Path

island1fox

To all interested parties,

I am grievously concerned over a report that I have received.

Integrity has received a report that there are UPS management employees that are directing their drivers to ignore the designated walk path methods and to walk across customer's lawns. There is no integrity in this.

Allowing low level management employees to direct hourly employees to ignore the UPS designated walk path training cannot be tolerated. Allowing them to direct their hourly employees to ignore or violate any UPS training or work methods is an act that just cannot be tolerated. The Corporate Executives of UPS must not tolerate this type of low level management behavior.

Once I have wrapped up my current issue, it is clear to me that this must be my next mission.

In preparation for this mission:

Have any of you ever been directed by a UPS management employee to ignore or violate any UPS training or method of any kind? Please share your story with me. If you are not comfortable sharing it in this forum, please PM me your story.

Sincerely,
I

:happy-very:Integrity,
You have too much time on your hands. You need to pick up a hobby or get a life !!
A UPS driver, a professional, the best in the world can decide this for themselves.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
:happy-very:Integrity,
You have too much time on your hands. You need to pick up a hobby or get a life !!
A UPS driver, a professional, the best in the world can decide this for themselves.

I agree but would like to add a couple thoughts.
First, the drivers decision will be dissected by an army of suits and safety geeks the second he or she missteps, trips, etc.
Secondly, it is possible that Integrity, whether deluded or not, considers this a hobby or his life's mission.
How is it much different than a retired manager still chiming in on current UPS issues on the internet?
Following your line of thinking, maybe you need to get on with your life?
Personally I say, both of you guys can knock yourselves out.
You both add some flavor to discussion.

outta hours

So you would agree that no hourly should be involved with a safety committee?

If said safety committee work involves evaluating, observing, and investigating other hourly workers methods, accidents or injuries. I say definitely not. We had a safety co-chair who was warned several times about doing observations on other drivers. He continued to do them, as well as delivering meals on wheels for the center mgr. on his "safety" days in the office. He was removed from the position by the union at our insistence.

outta hours

All this may be technically true Outta but the goal here is to make sure another person does not have an accident and get hurt. I offer suggestions to people inside and outside UPS on lifting and driving to people all the time who do not have training like we have had. It's just the right thing to do.

Agreed Hoaxster. Offering suggestions to avoid injury is different from filling out a form and actually evaluating another persons methods.That is not an hourly job. We are not trained in supervision methods. Do the helpers not go through an orientation and training before they start? Years ago when we first started helpers my on road sup would come out on area and train them.

UPS tried the driver training other driver program before. For some reason they stopped it. They must have had good reason to do so. Until they reinstate it my training days are over.

island1fox

Bubblehead,
Since when do you decide who can post on Brown cafe ?
Yes I am a proud retired UPSer with over 36 years of experience and will voice my opinion any time I please.

P.S. I do not have to "get on" with my life ---I have a great one !!!!:happy-very:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
[/COLOR]
I agree but would like to add a couple thoughts.
First, the drivers decision will be dissected by an army of suits and safety geeks the second he or she missteps, trips, etc.
Secondly, it is possible that Integrity, whether deluded or not, considers this a hobby or his life's mission.
How is it much different than a retired manager still chiming in on current UPS issues on the internet?
Following your line of thinking, maybe you need to get on with your life?
Personally I say, both of you guys can knock yourselves out.
You both add some flavor to discussion.

Bubblehead,
Since when do you decide who can post on Brown cafe ?
Yes I am a proud retired UPSer with over 36 years of experience and will voice my opinion any time I please.

P.S. I do not have to "get on" with my life ---I have a great one !!!!:happy-very:

You obviously only digested the part of my post that you, as a hypocrite, didn't like.

DS

Fenderbender
Designated walk path? Integrity,why is this an issue? are you bored?Generally the customer does not care where you walk as long as they get their package.As a driver,I can decide the safest route to the front door.I think this concern is somewhat frivolous.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Designated walk path? Integrity,why is this an issue? are you bored?Generally the customer does not care where you walk as long as they get their package.As a driver,I can decide the safest route to the front door.I think this concern is somewhat frivolous.

Its not frivolous when we are told to stay on designated walk paths in the "safety meetings", only to be told to take the shortest path to the door when we are being harassed during production rides.

tarbar66

I'm with you UPSguy. I will never walk up icy steps and will leave the package at the bottom of the stairs if I the conditions justify me doing so
. I'll take customer complaints 10-fold over a broken hip or ankle everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

It sounds like you and I have the same common sense!

Happy New Year..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm with you UPSguy. I will never walk up icy steps and will leave the package at the bottom of the stairs if I the conditions justify me doing so
. I'll take customer complaints 10-fold over a broken hip or ankle everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

I will make a note in the remarks column if I am unable to make it up the stairs due to snow and/or ice.

island1fox

You started it goofy.

Bubblehead,
I left the name calling way back in the elementary schoolyard. You obviously have not. This is also evident in your thought process. You have selected a perfect posting name for yourself, clearly not very educated with very little formal or informal education.
This cafe is a microcosm of ups. Some management at UPS believe that 20% of the people cause 80%of the problems. I disagree. I believe that in

UPSGUY72

Bubblehead,
I left the name calling way back in the elementary schoolyard. You obviously have not. This is also evident in your thought process. You have selected a perfect posting name for yourself, clearly not very educated with very little formal or informal education.
This cafe is a microcosm of ups. Some management at UPS believe that 20% of the people cause 80%of the problems. I disagree. I believe that in

It's 20 % of MANAGEMENT cause 80% of the problems.

browniehound

I will make a note in the remarks column if I am unable to make it up the stairs due to snow and/or ice.

I should have thought of that. So, by doing so, the customer can't see the remarks but if they call the OMS can see it and tell the customer why I left it there?

I don't anticipate running into too many complaints as I'm begining to know most of my residential customers and how finicky there are in the delivery location. I've already had one customer that lives on a dead end, dirt road at the bottom of the hill talk to me about winter deliveris and that someone always get stuckdown there delivering every year. Its one of only 2 houses down there and the mailboxes are on the main road. This customer has already insisted that if its a small parcel I can leave it in a DR bag at the mailbox. l told him thank you but if there is a number on the package I will call him first to give him a heads up. You gotta love customers like this. If only half were half as cooperative!

UPSGUY72

I should have thought of that. So, by doing so, the customer can't see the remarks but if they call the OMS can see it and tell the customer why I left it there?

I don't anticipate running into too many complaints as I'm begining to know most of my residential customers and how finicky there are in the delivery location. I've already had one customer that lives on a dead end, dirt road at the bottom of the hill talk to me about winter deliveris and that someone always get stuckdown there delivering every year. Its one of only 2 houses down there and the mailboxes are on the main road. This customer has already insisted that if its a small parcel I can leave it in a DR bag at the mailbox. l told him thank you but if there is a number on the package I will call him first to give him a heads up. You gotta love customers like this. If only half were half as cooperative!

I always make notes in the DIAD If I know there might be a question about where I put the package.