Deutsche Post, Fedex talks on U.S. express partnership deal fail - report

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Deutsche Post, Fedex talks on U.S. express partnership deal fail - report - CNN Money

Talks between Deutsche Post World Net AG. and Fedex Corp. on a strategic partnership in the U.S. express market have collapsed, Handelsblatt reported.

'Talks with Fedex on a cooperation have fizzled out,' the report quoted Axel Funhoff, analyst at Dutch Bank ING Groep N.V. as saying, attributing his information to sources close to the companies.

david cassin

dublinbrown
Re: Discuss: Deutsche Post, Fedex talks on U.S. express partnership deal fail - repor

i couldn't see fedex trusting them in europe...dhl go in and undercut ups/fedex just to get the business..i don't know how the hell they are making money....well sorry i do german tax payers money buying all these companies up not with their own money....
look at the over price they paid for exel.....ups should have bought them or danzas some years back....
sworn enemies fighting for the same pkgs,it had to end up this way.

we should have someone who has the experience of buying companies brought to europe and see whats available
eddie stobart in the uk is a good bet..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Re: Discuss: Deutsche Post, Fedex talks on U.S. express partnership deal fail - repor

I really wonder if negotiations have really stopped or if this is just a case of both parties stepping away from the table for awhile? We heard the same sort of rhetoric before FedEx bought Flying Tigers, yet the sale went through nonetheless. I would not be surprised if a deal eventually goes through because both parties stand to gain depending on how the transaction is structured. I'm sure Fred S knows that DHL is over a barrel right now and that FedEx can drive a hard bargain.