Developed carpal tunnel during my 40 day probation..dying but trying to get thru

I believe I have CT syndrome and every day is literally a nightmare as I'm scared to let them know because I hear that you get canned for getting "injured" during your 40.. I have a lot of dump stops for metal companies and I can barely use my left wrist for lifting. Idk what to do and I have 25 days left to qualify . But it's slowing me down big time .

Inthegame

I believe I have CT syndrome and every day is literally a nightmare as I'm scared to let them know because I hear that you get canned for getting "injured" during your 40.. I have a lot of dump stops for metal companies and I can barely use my left wrist for lifting. Idk what to do and I have 25 days left to qualify . But it's slowing me down big time .
Ice your wrist, take lots of advil. It gets tougher. But if you indeed developed CT in 15 days (your case study would be in medical journals), the job may not be for you.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So you developed a repetitive motion injury after 15 days?
giphy (13).gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If it's that bad after only fifteen days, how do you think you will do it regularly even after you do qualify? You simply may not be physically cut out for the job. It's not worth subjecting your body to that and actually crippling yourself.

If it's that bad after only fifteen days, how do you think you will do it regularly even after you do qualify? You simply may not be physically cut out for the job. It's not worth subjecting your body to that and actually crippling yourself.
I've been a driver elsewhere for years here and there . And a lot of general construction as well . It's :censored2: timing is all . I'm in great shape at 36.

Ice your wrist, take lots of advil. It gets tougher. But if you indeed developed CT in 15 days (your case study would be in medical journals), the job may not be for you.
To clarify . Because of past jobs I've held it is at this worst moment in time of my life that it is deciding to be a problem . I'm strong as hell . I use my methods . It's just super bad timing on my body is all. My question is . What repercussions would I face wanting to seek a doctor during my 40? Not for comp or to sue or anything ignorant like that. I love this job. And I AM well cut out for it .

tadpole

If you want to make book, you're going to have to work through it. Don't tell ups about it until you qualify.
Hopefully it will just get better in time.
If you see a doctor, they will ask if it happened at work. Since it didn't, you're OK.

dezguy

Try seeing a chiropractor. They probably won't be able to solve the problem but they may be able to help manage the pain by opening the joint up or getting it back into correct position.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, how do you think you can do this long term?

Richard Cranium

Push don't pull

Inthegame

To clarify . Because of past jobs I've held it is at this worst moment in time of my life that it is deciding to be a problem . I'm strong as hell . I use my methods . It's just super bad timing on my body is all. My question is . What repercussions would I face wanting to seek a doctor during my 40? Not for comp or to sue or anything ignorant like that. I love this job. And I AM well cut out for it .
Strong as hell and well cut out for the job? Just this little nagging issue that could end your career before it starts.

If you really need to ask these questions on an internet forum, you're doomed at UPS. If you're an employer and a prospective employee exhibits a propensity to be injured, would you hire them?

Here's a little hint friend...if you see a doc, your name is John Doe, pay cash, don't say anything about your health to anyone but the doc, and don't post about it, ever.