DHL to start Ground Delivery

U

upsadvisor

News today is that Deutsche Post susidiary DHL is going to start ground delivery in the US in March.

One of two things could hapen.

Fed Ex and DHL fight it out for the small piece of the business that UPS does not have lowering the profit and mkt share of each in the process, weakening both companies and thus making UPS that much stronger.

UPS does not react quickly and correctly to this continued comeptative threat and losses more mkt share which would allow Fed Ex and others to gain strength and momentum in stealing ever more business.

Competition is good as it can focus the entire team on winning and acting for the good of the entire endeavor and get away from individual goals.

I do not know if a wake up call was neede but UPS can not allow this to become every body into the pool.

A statement needs to be made that if you come into UPS yard you will leave with a severe limp !

No one does this better than the folks at UPS and there is no reason to belive that this will not work in favor of UPS as the premier provider in this market.

It OK to have lower niche players like a Kohls or a Target but when it comes to breadth of service and product no one can match Walmart. I belive the same applies here, Fed Ex and DHL are also rans and as long as UPS keeps stiff arming the would be tacklers on they way to the end zone things will be fine, ( Management needs to make sure we dont get ankle tackled by some punter ).

John

P

peacock71

The days are past we we can wait for upstart competitors to 'stub their toe.'

We need to be much more pro-active in protecting our domestic market share, regardless of our long term strategy.

Sustain the core.

Go UPS!
P71
icon99.gif

L

longups

OK Mr. Hoffa and all you good teamsters go do your best work on DHL.

You guys failed at getting RPS (FedEX Ground) organized but you still have time to help your only solvent benefactor.

D

dammor

Fed Ex, DHL, Airborne, Pizza Hut. Time to panic people? I think not. Just go to work and do your job.

D

deliver_man

OK Mr. Hoffa and all you good teamsters go do your best work on DHL.

You guys failed at getting RPS (FedEX Ground) organized but you still have time to help your only solvent benefactor.

Wow man, I can almost hear the bitterness in your voice, longups. let it go brother, let it go.