Diad 5 holder

jaker

trolling
Has anybody come up with another way to carry it besides the pouches , I loved the clip on the 4 so something that works along that line

yeldarb

I don't like the Diad 5 pouches either. I usually just carry it with my hand in the strap. If I have a lot of packages, it fits in my shirt pocket...

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It fits perfectly in the back pocket of my shorts, but I personally don't mind the pouch at all.

However, in my center we are "testing" pop-on Diad attachment "hooks" which work fine with the old clips. I don't care for those at all, but for those who want them it does seem that they are on their way

jaker

trolling
It fits perfectly in the back pocket of my shorts, but I personally don't mind the pouch at all.

However, in my center we are "testing" pop-on Diad attachment "hooks" which work fine with the old clips. I don't care for those at all, but for those who want them it does seem that they are on their way
Can you get me some , just in case somebody decides its not a good idea and it never makes it here

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Nope, they were given to a certain number of drivers, and I overheard a driver asking for a replacement one, and it was like pulling teeth and it was the last one he was able to get his hands on

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
According to UPSers.com, we are supposed to get an attachment that connects to the DIAD 4 clip. I hate the DIAD pouch, its too bulky and gets in the way of the seat belt. I just carry it in my hand for the most part. At the PCM, I just stick it in my back pocket when doing morning stretches. It also fits in my front pants pocket in other circumstances.

jaker

trolling
Nope, they were given to a certain number of drivers, and I overheard a driver asking for a replacement one, and it was like pulling teeth and it was the last one he was able to get his hands on
That about sounds right lets roll out a new diad with no descent way to carry it

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I still use the hooks for Diad 3, for the Diad 4 and I hope the hooks will work with the Daid 5, Love the old Diad 3 hooks, I hoarded three of those hooks and treat them like gold. The hooks for the Diad 4 are to long, it makes you a walking pendulum.

OptimusPrime

Which pouch are we talking about? Used to be a clip guy. Hated the cloth pouch. But then one of the senior drivers told me eff that ish, got me one of the more solid ones, and I would never look back. No need for accuracy like the clip, and unlike the cloth pouch, it stays open, so you just kind of jam it in there. *Pause*

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I just stick the DIAD V in my back pocket. Im a big guy and I have to keep the amount of crap hanging off of my belt to a minimum or I start snagging up on doors. I have enough problems "butt dialing" the key fob and opening the BH door while going down the road, the last thing I need to have flopping around on me is a DIAD pouch. Besides, I need the DIAD pouch they gave me to use in the car, the DIAD IV holder wont securely hold a V so I have a pouch clipped to the dashboard to keep my DIAD in while I am driving.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll guess one reason they don't want to use the diad 4 clips is they cost $7 a piece!!!! That's right tell me they aren't getting ripped off on that deal.

Indecisi0n

According to UPSers.com, we are supposed to get an attachment that connects to the DIAD 4 clip. I hate the DIAD pouch, its too bulky and gets in the way of the seat belt. I just carry it in my hand for the most part. At the PCM, I just stick it in my back pocket when doing morning stretches. It also fits in my front pants pocket in other circumstances.

Is that a DIAD in your pocket or you just happy to see me!

I'm sure it was a Beta test for the belt clips and there were only a certain number available. With that being said it would depend on the feedback that was given from the drivers using them on whether or not UPS moves forward with them. That would be common sense brother!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm sure it was a Beta test for the belt clips and there were only a certain number available. With that being said it would depend on the feedback that was given from the drivers using them on whether or not UPS moves forward with them. That would be common sense brother!

That's exactly what it is/was.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I attached the DIAD5 holder to my hand cart.
I, like others have mentioned, put the DIAD in my back pocket when I need my hands free.