Diad 6= heavy overtime

wornoutupser

My building has gone to diad 6. We had drivers out last night until 11:30.

Our area is a mix of urban and heavy rural. The rural areas can't connect.

Any driver requiring codes for other work can no longer punch in the codes. They have to scroll a list for every one.

I can not believe how driver unfriendly this is but hey....they company again has introduced a money making opportunity!

WorknLateHuh

we just got them too... the only thing I like about them, and I would never admit this too mgtmt, is that you can change how many stops are displayed in the manifest list. you can view up to 20 in 1 screen instead of 5. Everything else about this thing is ridiculous. I guarantee we could design a diad 100 percent better with a driver friendly button layout, display screens, and a total revamp of the entire "notes" functionality.

over9five

Staff member
I guarantee we could design a diad 100 percent better with a driver friendly button layout, display screens, and a total revamp of the entire "notes" functionality.
Absolutely.
Many years ago, the company that makes shifters came to Chema with their newest prototype. Told us they wanted driver input.
We all drove it, told them the things that would make it better. They did not include ANYTHING we suggested when they went into production.
Just sayin', nobody cares what you (or I) think.

542thruNthru

Absolutely.
Many years ago, the company that makes shifters came to Chema with their newest prototype. Told us they wanted driver input.
We all drove it, told them the things that would make it better. They did not include ANYTHING we suggested when they went into production.
I care....

giphy-86.gif

Though you'll never be RPCD.

Hot Carl

Yeah it's a buggy, laggy piece of :censored2:. Between that and Orion, it's making our wallets a whole lot fatter. It crashes repeatedly, there's no PreRecord button, there's no option to code in other work as someone mentioned earlier.

The Android interface is great for every day cell phone use, but not for what we do. This is not Domino's Pizza.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
My building has gone to diad 6. We had drivers out last night until 11:30.

Our area is a mix of urban and heavy rural. The rural areas can't connect.

Any driver requiring codes for other work can no longer punch in the codes. They have to scroll a list for every one.

I can not believe how driver unfriendly this is but hey....they company again has introduced a money making opportunity!
Management is aware they’re junk , don’t let them fool you into thinking they don’t make the route take any longer.
✊🧔

Hot Carl

They’re already aware of this , at least diad 6 doesn’t update non stop ...yet
✊🧔
✊🧔
The workaround for that with the DIAD 5 was to just keep a stop banked in PreRecord all day until you didn't have any commit times left. If they reintroduce that feature, we'll just have to figure out another one.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Absolutely.
Who cares what anyone in TAXachussets thinks about anything lmao

tramtwo

I've been using one for a few days... it assigns a different stop for every consignee at an address, and then it doesn't group those stops together.

On bulk stops it's impossible to know how many pieces you're supposed to have. And every package scan to the same address with a different consignee has to pop up a verification screen... a screen that can only be verified by the touch screen.

The kids are going to love the voice turn by turn navigation. 🤨