DIAD 6 SUCKS! EDIT A COMPLETED STOP???

Steamer

The title says it all. Is there a way to edit a completed stop? Void a package and so forth? I haven't found one yet.
I completed a pick up stop without scanning all of the packages because the customer had another partial skid coming and didn't know it. They don't use an end of day or that would have been sufficient to begin with.

PPH_over_9000

There has to be a way to void a completed stop.
Pick-ups? I haven't found it yet. Although, it might fix the problem if he just did a walk-up pick-up in addition to however he sheeted his earlier scheduled pick-up and got a scan on the pkgs that way. I would ask your supe before attempting, though.

DR? You have to either scan the barcode again or manually type in the tracking number. When the package populates, it'll pop up with an alert saying it was already sheeted up and it'll give you three options: Void (the package and re-sheet,) Cancel (the second scan and leave the stop sheeted as is), and Unconfirm (which is only useful when you've already scanned and confirmed the wrong package and are about to misdeliver.)

If you don't have the package or tracking info, you're s.o.l. as far as I can tell.

PPH_over_9000

Just scan the package again. The void option will appear. You can then edit it.
I don't think that works with pick-ups. If I scan a package from the List screen that isn't already in my EDD, DIAD 6 decides to create an extra stop and thinks that I need to deliver the package(s) I just picked up. Gotta have the stop open on your board for the pick-up to register as a pick-up-- if you've already closed that stop then I don't think there's much you can do.

Works exactly as you described for deliveries, though.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I don't think that works with pick-ups. If I scan a package from the List screen that isn't already in my EDD, DIAD 6 decides to create an extra stop and thinks that I need to deliver the package(s) I just picked up. Gotta have the stop open on your board for the pick-up to register as a pick-up-- if you've already closed that stop then I don't think there's much you can do.

Works exactly as you described for deliveries, though.
Yes I had that phantom delivery stop made the other day. I was at an on demand pick up, must have scanned the package before the stop was opened up. It later had a blank where the address would go, but had the tracking number as a delivery. I just marked it not found to get rid of the stop. The pick up scan showed when I called the center to inquire.

Steamer

You scan your pickup pieces? I thought we stopped doing that long ago.
I can't count past 10 without taking my shoes off. I have been told by other drivers that they scan everything for their over under allowed time. It counts towards giving you more time. Not that it really matters. But it does keep a nice count. Especially when you get over 150 pieces and talking to customers and so on. I just used WALK UP PICK UP for the rest. But I was curious to how to edit. Now I know. Just rescan the packages to edit. If you don't have a package or Z number then you are screwed on the edit.

DriverNerd

I can't count past 10 without taking my shoes off. I have been told by other drivers that they scan everything for their over under allowed time. It counts towards giving you more time. Not that it really matters. But it does keep a nice count. Especially when you get over 150 pieces and talking to customers and so on. I just used WALK UP PICK UP for the rest. But I was curious to how to edit. Now I know. Just rescan the packages to edit. If you don't have a package or Z number then you are screwed on the edit.
Because our training says not to scan, we've been told by management if we scan packages at pickup that there will be disciplinary action if we do.

Fuzzy Brown

I figure whatever they haven’t covered during the PCM or what I have discovered by trial and error doesn’t matter.
They gave us a 20 page guide I’m sure answers most of the questions I may have and I’d be happy to come in an hour early and study it on the clock but otherwise I’m not spending one minute worrying about how to operate the defective, inefficient device they gave me to work with.

Commercial Inside Release

Probably be disciplinary action if anything goes missing, that the customer claims was available for pickup. Management will throw you under the bus. Besides, they could very well be the ones taking any missing parcels, that vanished after pickup.

specter208

I have not tried but I believe you can try scanning the end of day slip again. Normally this will open the pickup but it might also let you edit after the pickup is completed.

Overpaid Union Thug

It amazes me how many drivers have so much difficulty adapting to the DIAD6. It is a huge change from the previous model but most of it can easily be figured out when you simply relax and take the time to look around and read whats on the screen. In many cases, although in a different format, what you’re looking for will be self explanatory. Seems like the runners have the most trouble adapting because they don’t want to take the time to get acquainted with it. And a few severely technically deficient folks are struggling too. 😆