Diad cradle

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
The new Diad cradle is new to my center. They keep bugging us on using it. In my opinion it just wastes more time. They also want us to make sure our next stop is in the board while in the cradle. Which makes no sense because Orion sucks so I would have to jump all around the board to waste even more time. Just wanted to see if anyone else shared my frustration.

542thruNthru

Yes it is frustrating for pretty much everyone.

Personally I've given up on scrolling for my next stop to "bookmark". Now I follow ORION and force them to fix the issue. I get paid by the hour. I'm done trying to achieve their numbers while also jumping through their unreasonable hoops.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When we first started using the cradle, I would stick a water bottle in the old DIAD holder to break the habit of using that. Its a new method that adds another motion into your routine, you will make more money using it. It keeps the DIAD charged which is nice. I don't need the Map/Nav feature after 24 years on my route but that is nice when getting an unfamiliar Add/cut or running a Missort. Its not going away, you might as well get used to it.

churn n’ burn

I don't see what the big deal is. The technology could deff be better, but you literally have turn by turn navigation now. Would you rather look up an address on your phone? When they have us go out on Saturdays with no area knowledge, it's impossible without the diad nav.

GenericUsername

I find that having the nav cradle grounds me more to what I'm doing. Sometimes I get lost in thought about all the things I need to do at home, the lyrics to songs, etc. Having the nav beep at you a hundred or whatever feet away keeps me in check, especially whenever it's really hot out and I'm just trying to get through the day.

The best part about the nav cradle stuff is that you can go into your orion map stuff and tell them that addresses are located in the wrong area via map through the diad. There's some report out there that requires them to fix/work through the messages we send about things. I have yet to come across something I've sent in that hasn't been fixed.

Boxjockey82

What's so hard about it? Bookmark your next stop and drive to it.

Some of you guys make this job too hard.

Well what I told management was why would anyone go out of their way to not use something that makes the job easier. I view this the same as the hand cart, sometimes it's helpful and sometimes it's not needed. If they came down and said you must use your handcart for every stop I'm assuming that'd be acceptable for you. I however am not a mindless order taker and will balk at things that don't make sense to me. So I wrote my truck up saying the cradle needed maintenance and then went to automotive and told them no need to put it back in. Now management and I are happy because I'm exempt from their "numbers" and I don't have to waste 30-45 seconds at each stop when I already know where I'm going.

JustDeliverIt

I thought when times change, technology improves. Not with ORION.

That's Orion being the problem, not the cradle. I honestly liked the cradle for the charging aspect, never had to worry about the diad at 20% and 50 stops left. Orion was done to minimize miles, nothing more. Definitely not safer with all the backing it would want you to do and stopping at the same place to deliver savers and ground at different times just so you take it's "path". Is it helpful with unknown splits and running off misloads, sure. But a well set up EDD will beat it any day of the week.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
When we first started using the cradle, I would stick a water bottle in the old DIAD holder to break the habit of using that. Its a new method that adds another motion into your routine, you will make more money using it. It keeps the DIAD charged which is nice. I don't need the Map/Nav feature after 24 years on my route but that is nice when getting an unfamiliar Add/cut or running a Missort. Its not going away, you might as well get used to it.

I thought what was strange when I sheeted up a misload last night; I sheeted it up as n for delivery today and confirmed it and it automatically implemented it into my edd. I drove 50 miles to it :]