DIAD GPS

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wow, between myself, Trpl and Browniehound, you are developing a regular fan club P-man. LOL You are a very popular guy.:wink2:

sure wish I could figure out how to do those multiple quote thingies:dissapointed:

Mike Hawk

Click the multiquote button next to the quote button, it will change from "multiquote off" to "multiquote on". Do that on the posts you want to quote then on the last one just hit quote, they should all be there in the response box.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Click the multiquote button next to the quote button, it will change from "multiquote off" to "multiquote on". Do that on the posts you want to quote then on the last one just hit quote, they should all be there in the response box.
Thanks Mike You are my hero!!!!!!!!!!

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
The first step is to have a management staff that is as dedicated to solving these problems as most drivers are in servicing their customers.

The problem I see is that it is hard to have a dedicated manager when they are being told what to do and when. When they are being told how many drivers to dispatch regardless of volume. When they are catching grief constantly from both ends. I'm not saying I'd be any different in that situation.

My thought is that if you are going to pay someone to be a manager....then let him/her manage.

I have no doubt that all the things you discuss can be done. I'm just hesitatant to think that they will or ever could be accomplished in the enviroment that exists today.

P-man for CEO

Very well said, nothing will ever get fixed because they don't have the time. I've even asked to come in early and work with my preloader since they seem unable to.

I firmly believe they should be trained to load by address, it would save alot of grief such as walk on wrong car, switched pals or bad pals. In my opinion all those pal label do is guarantee misloads and service failures. In adding two more people between the package from the trailer to the car it just adds more chance for mistakes.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Same kind of stuff happens here daily, if a business is delivered after say 4:30 or so, it might as well be there the next day, it is missed as far as I and the customer are concerned, but as far as UPS is concerned as long as it doesn't show up as missed on the records everything is hunky dory.

55andout?

Please explain that to me. How can not recording a lunch be stealing time? The required meal time is automatically taken out of your day, in my area that's an hour.
Well then thats understandable....in my district the lunch is no longer taken out. I you dont record your lunch and still take one than that is stealing. It hurts the guys around you and the company as a whole. I am led to believe that all automatic lunches will be a thing of the past soon. If you having an hour lunch taken out of your timecard(and who really needs an hour anyway?) and decide to work through most of it at least you may recoupe some of that time through bonus.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have no choice but to record our 10 min break and 45 min lunch in our board. Failure to do so may result in a warning letter. Requests to work through lunch and get done early (Code 5) are rarely granted, although I did that 2 months ago when my daughter unexpectedly came home and I wanted to get done early and spend time with her. (Imagine that, wanting a personal life at UPS?!)

Ya know, now that you mention that, I'm not positive they still automatically take the hour out. I need to check on that, just to know for sure.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I would be willing to bet they are not taking the lunch out of you since the lawsuit. They don't steal the time from my co-workers anymore. They do convince several of them to record it even though they do not take it. It would be nice if they instructed employees to take their lunch instead of instructing them to make it look like they did.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's hard not to enter a lunch now that the GPS is full blown here. If the OMS doesn't see a picture of a knife and fork next to your name on their screen then they will make sure you record your lunch before you clock out.

browndevil

I work in CA. and was a recepient of the class action lawsuit. When I punch out for lunch the DIAD is disabled so no work can be perfomed. Is this mode in the DIAD nationwide or just in CA?

I work in CA. and was a recepient of the class action lawsuit. When I punch out for lunch the DIAD is disabled so no work can be perfomed. Is this mode in the DIAD nationwide or just in CA?

It's also in Washington state. But it's not full proof. Have seen people work until 2:00. At 2:00 they put their lunch in the board from 1:15-2:15. 2 were fired for this.

scoobypanda

Our boards aren't disabled and we still must enter lunch hour manually. Someone asked why we need an hour in an earlier post. 4 minutes to get to lunch, 4 minutes back to next stop, 7 minutes to get food and drink, 45 minutes to vent about our crappy loads and lame supes so we don't have to go home and complain to our loving wives.

browndevil

If we don't take a lunch between the 4th & 5th hour we are in violation with California labor law which could result in a chat with steward and mgmt with a possible warning letter. There is actually a mgmt job called meal check which that person goes through our DIADS to make sure we are in compliance

Overpaid Union Thug

If we don't take a lunch between the 4th & 5th hour we are in violation with California labor law which could result in a chat with steward and mgmt with a possible warning letter. There is actually a mgmt job called meal check which that person goes through our DIADS to make sure we are in compliance

Here the state law is that we have to take at least a 30 minute break for every 6 hours of work. There is no set time window though.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
im in arizona and our boards aren't disabled when we punch out for lunch. we are also allowed five minutes break for every hour we work after 3.5 hours.

wornoutupser

Our center OMSs can now see when we take our lunches, where our stops were completed, what is left in EDD..ect. It's actually quite cool to see. Our OMSs sends on calls to the closest driver by using the GPS instead of guessing. It has pretty much stopped drivers from overriding them. We've always had a few that would just flat out refuse them because they didn't want to back track. Or simply because they din't want to make the pickup.

Its cool but here is a problem that I ran into today.

I received an OCA that had 10 packages while delivering another NXDA across the street. To complete this stop I would have to have filled out 10 ASD's.

It was after 11:30 and I still had a 25 minute drive to get my last NXDA with a 12:00 commit.

You can't always stop right then and get an OCA even if you are the closest. This cost me a trip back later and that was about a 6 mile round trip. You still have to push the NXDA deadline and pickup times later in the day. All that the OMS can see is your position, not what is happening. This will be a major flaw in the system.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its cool but here is a problem that I ran into today.

I received an OCA that had 10 packages while delivering another NXDA across the street. To complete this stop I would have to have filled out 10 ASD's.

It was after 11:30 and I still had a 25 minute drive to get my last NXDA with a 12:00 commit.

You can't always stop right then and get an OCA even if you are the closest. This cost me a trip back later and that was about a 6 mile round trip. You still have to push the NXDA deadline and pickup times later in the day. All that the OMS can see is your position, not what is happening. This will be a major flaw in the system.

But I think we can all agree that it is a big step in the right direction, especially in properly assigning OCAs.