DIAD IV backlight?

AirTractor

Hi everyone. I'm having a hell of a time the last two days cause I can't figure out how the hell to turn the backlight display on the DIAD IV. Could someone please post the steps to turn it on? This is my first time working for UPS and I started 3 wks ago as a seasonal driver. Things have went really well until after dark! :censored2: I have 4 apt complexes that I run first and then some residential in the late afternoon & evening. Don't know how you guys are so efficient at night, I guess practice makes perfect but all these dark ass houses with no numbers or lights make it damn tough. I appreciate what you all do, you guys get :censored2: done for sure.

Cheers

oldngray

nowhere special
I forget. Was A+K+X like control+alt+delete? There was a 3 fingered salute that rebooted the DIAD IV but I'm not sure of the exact combination. I do remember I used it many times when the board locked up.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I forget. Was A+K+X like control+alt+delete? There was a 3 fingered salute that rebooted the DIAD IV but I'm not sure of the exact combination. I do remember I used it many times when the board locked up.

Yep. A driver in my neighborhood asked me the other day if I knew how to reset the V.

I laughed.:blushing2:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yep. A driver in my neighborhood asked me the other day if I knew how to reset the V.

I laughed.:blushing2:

I just take the battery out of the 5 for a minute and it boots on it's own, however there is a power button too if I remember correctly (I haven't tried the button).

barnyard

KTM rider
I just take the battery out of the 5 for a minute and it boots on it's own, however there is a power button too if I remember correctly (I haven't tried the button).

The reset button is on the top, left side of the keys. It is indented so you cannot hit it accidentally. Use the stylus and hold it down till it starts to reboot. I have had to do it twice in the past month.

barnyard

KTM rider
I do not remember. It has to be turned on with every use though, you cannot toggle it on and it stays on for till you toggle it off. I carry a flashlight and use it to see what I need to do with the diad.

iowa boy

On the five, all you do is push the lightning bolt on the top left and then either push the light bulb on the screen or the number two (2) and the keypad will light up whenever you use it until you plug it into the charger.

FilingBluesFL

You are a dick for not wanting to answer a simple question.

I just don't understand how waiting until a day when you're not working to ask a question here about something you use at work when there is all kinds of people that can actually physically show you how to use the device, are all around you Monday morning.

I come here for Sarcasm, not information about what buttons to push on the DIAD :funny: