DIAD ran out of battery. Sup wants me to use my personal cell phone.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Supervisor asked me to take pictures with my cell phone of every label that I deliver while I wait for them to bring me a battery. I really don't want to use my personal phone for this reason. Can I refuse, or is this a work-as-directed situation?

The way I see it,

1. UPS doesn't pay my phone bill.
2. I could get in trouble for unknowingly DRing a No DR address.

Thoughts?

Mayor of Browntown

CushmanCrasher
Supervisor asked me to take pictures with my cell phone of every label that I deliver while I wait for them to bring me a battery. I really don't want to use my personal phone for this reason. Can I refuse, or is this a work-as-directed situation?

The way I see it,

Thoughts?
Wow I don’t know the officially correct response to that but i definitely would NOT do that, regardless of if I would get in trouble for not working as directed

The way I see it,

Thoughts?
Pull the Pal labels off of the package

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow I don’t know the officially correct response to that but i definitely would NOT do that, regardless of if I would get in trouble for not working as directed

How is it any different from pulling PAL labels? In fact, it would be much easier because when you either get your new DIAD or get back and use the center board all you have to do is force in the address and scan the pictures that you took.