Diad Software Issues

upsyo

Diaddude maybe you can help this get solved.

Couple of issues-

When you are sheeting up a pkg and then hit the deliver button the "Delivery Location" screen pops up. Once here, there is now way to go back. I've had numerous issues where I needed to return to the previous screen but cannot. So the only thing to do is void that delivery out and start all over again.

The Second issue is pretty close to the same situation. One in the "Delivery Location" menu. If you accidentally hit "SDN" (happens quite a bit) you are stuck in a "Clarify Signature" for the signed delivery notice which does not exist. Once again there is no way to go back one screen.

I'm sure every single UPS driver has noticed these. Don't know how these have never been addressed.

Thanks!

upsgrunt

You don't have to void the package, just simply go forward with what the diad wants and THEN hit the delivery button again and it will ask if you want to cancel.

For the signed delivery notice screen simply type in any 2 letters and then get back to the signed delivery screen and the diad will ask if you want to cancel.

Bring this to the attention of your management team and document how many times it happens so that when your planned day comes into question you can point out how many times you had to deal with their "technology". Or, play dumb truck driver and make them come out and fix it. We`re not paid to do TSG`s job.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Bring this to the attention of your management team and document how many times it happens so that when your planned day comes into question you can point out how many times you had to deal with their "technology". Or, play dumb truck driver and make them come out and fix it. We`re not paid to do TSG`s job.

Can't blame this one on mgmnt. Simply ended up in the wrong screens, both of which can be voided per reply #2.

johnoutdoors

From Delivery Locations hit escape (the friend key) and it will ask if you want to cancel the DR. Or just DR/SDN the package and then do it again before you hit stop complete and you can cancel it that way.

Re-Raise

I agree with the part about accidently pushing SDN , you can cancel that by pushing it again.

The part about cancelling the delivery location I don't think you can do. Once you put DR and the location screen comes up and you enter 7 for front door that stop is gone.

old levi's

blank space
You don't have to void the package, just simply go forward with what the diad wants and THEN hit the delivery button again and it will ask if you want to cancel.

For the signed delivery notice screen simply type in any 2 letters and then get back to the signed delivery screen and the diad will ask if you want to cancel.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. It is readily apparent that The Grunt has been there, done that.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
When the diad asks for anything, just type in "Hoaxter". Not only will you be able to move between screens, but you will notice a hefty bonus in that days allowance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with the part about accidently pushing SDN , you can cancel that by pushing it again.

The part about cancelling the delivery location I don't think you can do. Once you put DR and the location screen comes up and you enter 7 for front door that stop is gone.

The stop is not gone until you hit stop complete. You would press the driver release button again which would allow you to change the delivery location.

Can't blame this one on mgmnt. Simply ended up in the wrong screens, both of which can be voided per reply #2.

I have to admit my DIAD experience ended with the II model. However th I model was prone to taking a dump as soon as you were as far away from the center as possible. I became quite adept at fix the problem boards by tapping them gently against the side of my package car.........usually from across the street. The next day I would have a new one every time.

upsyo

OK I think I remember what the issue is

When you get a signature and then hit stop complete it will take you to the delivery location screen where you cannot back out of. If there is some sort of issue or you need to scan another package there is nothing you can do.

Johney

OK I think I remember what the issue is

When you get a signature and then hit stop complete it will take you to the delivery location screen where you cannot back out of. If there is some sort of issue or you need to scan another package there is nothing you can do.
At one time you could go back and edit stops by hitting the "Edit"key to add packages, change from comm to resi if you hit the wrong one ect. They took that function out years ago not sure why but they did. Once you hit stop complete your done unless you void and start over. I know you can edit the stop to see tracking numbers or fix COD's but that's about it.

Johney

There is a way out of it, but I can't remember. It's been a while since I had to do it.
Are you sure? I know I've hit the comm key(by mistake) after making a resi stop and had to go back rescan and have them resign. If there is a way I'd like to know how. Think menotyou, think.Try and remember :).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a way out of it, but I can't remember. It's been a while since I had to do it.

Are you sure? I know I've hit the comm key(by mistake) after making a resi stop and had to go back rescan and have them resign. If there is a way I'd like to know how. Think menotyou, think.Try and remember :).

Once you hit stop complete there is no way out of it--you have to void and resheet.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am. I even text my boss and asked him. Haven't heard back yet. I almost think that I did this on a Saturday one time with the center manager and a sup from Syr on the phone. It might not work anymore, but I thought I did this once(at least).