Diad Software Issues

menotyou

bella amicizia
hit signature again, then stop complete, it says signature already exists, do you want to void, yes and then void it out. I think I understood the question correctly. I could be wrong.

upsyo

hit signature again, then stop complete, it says signature already exists, do you want to void, yes and then void it out. I think I understood the question correctly. I could be wrong.

The issue is when you have obtained a signature and then you hit stop complete you will then get a "Delivery Location" screen (front desk, residence, office, etc) there is no way to go back from this point. There really should be though.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Are you sure? I know I've hit the comm key(by mistake) after making a resi stop and had to go back rescan and have them resign. If there is a way I'd like to know how. Think menotyou, think.Try and remember :).
If I hit the commercial key (2) instead of resi key (1) I usually let the center figure it out. :happy-very: Ooooops, my fingers work faster than my brain does sometimes.

Johney

If I hit the commercial key (2) instead of resi key (1) I usually let the center figure it out. :happy-very: Ooooops, my fingers work faster than my brain does sometimes.
I've had other drivers who have done the same thing as I do and tell me I'm crazy for going back for a redo. They have done it and never heard a thing. Maybe next time I'll let it ride.:happy2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've had other drivers who have done the same thing as I do and tell me I'm crazy for going back for a redo. They have done it and never heard a thing. Maybe next time I'll let it ride.:happy2:
I think for the first year, I didn't realize I was releasing everything to a residence with a man accepting. Everything. OOPS!! LOL!!!

Johney

I think for the first year, I didn't realize I was releasing everything to a residence with a man accepting. Everything. OOPS!! LOL!!!
LOL! Here's a thought, I heard somewhere that hitting "met customer" man/woman doesn't give you much time as a friend/D DR delivery. Something about if you met cust. the computer thinks they met you at the truck hence no walk time to the front door. Not sure if it's true or just one of those rumors.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have occasionally gotten an ODS from the office asking if such and such is a business or a resi but I think for the most part the OMS knows now what is what. As far as hearing anything negative about it, it's never happened.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL! Here's a thought, I heard somewhere that hitting "met customer" man/woman doesn't give you much time as a friend/D DR delivery. Something about if you met cust. the computer thinks they met you at the truck hence no walk time to the front door. Not sure if it's true or just one of those rumors.
I know that you don't get the allowance for a DR that you get for a signature but I don't think it makes a whit of difference overall. There was a push not to long ago, at least from what many said here (BC) about DR'ing everything possible. I have always DR'd everything that I can, from the get go. If a signature is not required then I don't get one. I have covered many rtes and had many customers ask me if I needed a signature. Nope, sure don't. Have a great day. The way I see things is this: If we needed a signature for everything then we wouldn't have the option of DR-FD or DR-MCM. My OR commented on this once a long time ago, I told him the same thing. :happy-very:

AssistantSanta

EDN stands for Electronic Delivery Notice and is part of the My Choice service. This allows the consignee who has signed up for My Choice to electronically release the package.

Say the consignee did electronic release.
Package is scanned.

At what point do you KNOW that they signed up? At which point in delivery process do you push teh EDN button?

AssistantSanta

Another quirky thing. In signature required, clarification is locked to alphabet mode, therefore alpha lock is auto applied.

However, clarification in SDN is not, therefore I have to enable alpha lock. I don't really get this, but then I'm just a dumb seasonal helper