Diad survey on UPSer.com

govols019

You smell that?
Also some form of flashlight or bright LED light to illuminate the ground. Someone said the DIAD2 had this, I've only been around long enough for 3 and 4. I sometimes just use the backlight of the 4 for this, but its not quite bright enough.

DIAD 3 had one. It was a red light. Not very bright but it was better than nothing.

cyclops-orion.jpg

DiadDude

Yes battery is a pain. WE have been cleaning those connections for months, yet they keep failing. Everyday someone has to run a board out somewhere. Its a pain having to leave your work site ( clerical, customer counter, air driver) to do it { while no one covers your work }.

If the DIAD shows a green light in the morning before it's taken out of the rack, it should easily be able to go 12+ hours. If the light isn't green in the morning, then it's not charging right (problem could be DIAD or rack). If the light's green and it doesn't make it through the day, then the battery is faulty and it should be sent back in for service.

There's some other troubleshooting you can do if the problem doesn't seem isolated to certain slots or DIADs. PM me if you need more help.

paidslave

I just went over there to look at my payroll deposit, and I noticed the DIAD Survey. I took it, it is twenty-four questions long and also has some places to put comments. I put the Shift Key needs to go, it needs newer communication abilities, and battery improvements. Debit and Credit Card capabilities would be great too. Nows the time, everybody has till the end of the month to get your two cents in.

I think ATM will never happen and hopefully it doesn't......We will be responsible for lots of FRAUD! A check from a bank will be easy to track compared to somebody swiping their credit cards!

My 2 cents! Whg Knows..

brownracer

As has been stated before-- they are listening. Don't miss the opportunity. Survey ends at the end of the month.

--If you don't vote, don't complain about the results

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
We've been on DIAD 4 for many moons and even with the flaws, when peak comes around and they roll out the DIAD 3 for helper boards it's like stepping back into the stone age.

During peak I used diad3 for almost everything because it is so much faster to use no shifting. I only used diad4 when Ihad to mostly sent it with my helper when we had to have a signature. All drivers in my center did pretty much the same, they all commented they would like to go back to it.

browniehound

You guys are nuts. No matter WHAT the actual results of that survey are, UPS will SAY everyone loves it, it's the best thing since sliced bread etc etc.

Think ERI and PAS/EDD....

I have a question. When exactly was sliced bread the best thing?:happy-very::happy-very:
And if sliced bread was the best thing going, I'm afraid to think what the worst thing was!

browniehound

The keylight change was put out before peak and did recover a small percentage of battery power. There was also an upgrade just after Thanksgiving that was expected to have a major impact on battery life. Hopefully that change has been beneficial.

DiadDude,

I noticed it too. I now finish the day with almost full power, where before I would be down around 40% at day's end

DiadDude

You guys are nuts. No matter WHAT the actual results of that survey are, UPS will SAY everyone loves it, it's the best thing since sliced bread etc etc.

Think ERI and PAS/EDD....

A quick look at some preliminary feedback seems to indicate that everyone LOVES :love: the DIAD 4

:wink-very::raspberry-tounge:

over9five

Staff member
Originally Posted by over9five
"You guys are nuts. No matter WHAT the actual results of that survey are, UPS will SAY everyone loves it, it's the best thing since sliced bread etc etc.

Think ERI and PAS/EDD...."

A quick look at some preliminary feedback seems to indicate that everyone LOVES the DIAD 4

Thank you for making my point!

DiadDude

Apparently I forgot something important in my post. Let me try again

<Tongue planted firmly in cheek>
A quick look at some preliminary feedback seems to indicate that everyone LOVES the DIAD 4
</Tongue in cheek>

DS

Fenderbender
I`m glad here in Canada we never got diad 4.Diad 3 is good for c.o.d's and we have plenty here, with the brokerage charges.We accept cash,check,or credit card and once you master it,it works good.
I do have one thing that bugs me though thats unique to both diad 3 + 4 is that its upside down.Everyone that signs it for the first time assumes they should use it just like you do as a driver and turns it over only to be corrected that its now upside down.Can it be made so it does not matter?Can it be made more user friendly for the customer?A signature reverse key so they could sign either way? And I agree that all incoming ods or text messages should not come up until a stop is complete.I also think that you should be able to edit completed stops with a reason.Like when you complete it to the wrong address or want to add a pkg.I`/ curious if diad dude has any real influence in the design of the new diad.
Did ups ask him to come in the browncafe to get some real answers?

brownracer

An interesting fact about the DIAD4. It was originally designed with the signature to be taken the same direction as the driver, but based on feedback from drivers during testing it was reversed. The same as the DIAD 3. This in turn resulted in some drivers having problems with the current signature key location.

I guess this goes into make sure what you wish for, because you may actually get it :-)

brownracer

I`m glad here in Canada we never got diad 4.Diad 3 is good for c.o.d's and we have plenty here, with the brokerage charges.We accept cash,check,or credit card and once you master it,it works good.
I do have one thing that bugs me though thats unique to both diad 3 + 4 is that its upside down.Everyone that signs it for the first time assumes they should use it just like you do as a driver and turns it over only to be corrected that its now upside down.Can it be made so it does not matter?Can it be made more user friendly for the customer?A signature reverse key so they could sign either way? And I agree that all incoming ods or text messages should not come up until a stop is complete.I also think that you should be able to edit completed stops with a reason.Like when you complete it to the wrong address or want to add a pkg.I`/ curious if diad dude has any real influence in the design of the new diad.

DS: How do you enter credit card information in the DIAD???

upsdude

An interesting fact about the DIAD4. It was originally designed with the signature to be taken the same direction as the driver, but based on feedback from drivers during testing it was reversed. The same as the DIAD 3. This in turn resulted in some drivers having problems with the current signature key location.

I guess this goes into make sure what you wish for, because you may actually get it :-)

The signature deal is awkward any way you look at it. Natural reaction is to turn the diad right side up. On the other hand folks think touching the keys will “mess it up”.

DiadDude

The signature deal is awkward any way you look at it. Natural reaction is to turn the diad right side up. On the other hand folks think touching the keys will “mess it up”.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a thread hijack.
There was another thread on here about washing the DIAD, and we got into a discussion of methods. The delivery methods do not include handing the DIAD to the customer, but rather holding the DIAD for them to sign. It doesn't really make a differnece to me how you do it, but I can tell you that the DIAD is designed to be used within the bounds of the methods.

DiadDude

I`m curious if diad dude has any real influence in the design of the new diad.

I hope to have at least a little influence in the design process. My group was asked for input on the DIAD IV, but that input was largely ignored by the hardware design team.

The DIAD 5 effort seems to be shaping up a little different than DIAD 4, so maybe I can get a few of your suggestions in the 5. I don't directly have anything to do with the survey that you're taking, but I do see the results and can at least re-iterate your concerns in meetings where they will be heard.

I know it's an oxymoron, but you could call my position that of "concerned management" :happy2:

upsdude

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a thread hijack.
There was another thread on here about washing the DIAD, and we got into a discussion of methods. The delivery methods do not include handing the DIAD to the customer, but rather holding the DIAD for them to sign. It doesn't really make a differnece to me how you do it, but I can tell you that the DIAD is designed to be used within the bounds of the methods.

I understand what you're saying, it just doesn't always work out. A person seated behind a counter, a large desk. Or, the person that has signed all the Diads, 1,2,3, and now #4.