DIAD Training-Pharmacy Deliveries

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
According to the DIAD Training Module, all packages indicated as Pharmacy need to be taken directly to a Pharmacy and signed for by a Pharmacy employee. Cannot be left at the dock at places such as Walmart, Walgreens, and even stand alone Mom and Pop Stores. The question I have is, what if the Pharmacy will not except the packages and they want you to take them to receiving?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
According to the DIAD Training Module, all packages indicated as Pharmacy need to be taken directly to a Pharmacy and signed for by a Pharmacy employee. Cannot be left at the dock at places such as Walmart, Walgreens, and even stand alone Mom and Pop Stores. The question I have is, what if the Pharmacy will not except the packages and they want you to take them to receiving?
RTS - refused.

browned out

first tell them you are required to deliver them to the pharmacy. Has anyone really refused to accept; most of the time the pharmacist knows exactly what they are. Recalls etc

SWORDFISH

We had that diad training this mourning as well. It has been a method for awhile. Alot of the stores recieving takes those packages though. I would agree w/ Jones and cementups that if they wont take it put it as refused, didnt want.

bumped

The only time I had pharmacy tell me to leave them in the back was when they were noted on the label to deliver in the pharmacy, but they were obviously large POP displays.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We've had this problem with our local hospital. All pkgs have to go through recv, even pharmaceuticals. The regular driver worked with the rcvg mgr and the rcvg mgr got all their shippers to remove 'del to pharmacy' from all shipments. It has worked out well but it took time to get it done.

I've never had our local drug store and grocery store pharmacies refuse to sign for deliveries. The first time I would explain what has to be done and also turn it over to mgt. The second time - RTS.

bumped

Take them wherever they want them, but just have the pharmacy sign for them.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Take them wherever they want them, but just have the pharmacy sign for them.

I don't think this is a good idea, particularly with pharmaceuticals. I can hear it now..................... "I was fired because the pharmacy claimed I didn't take their pkgs to the back after they signed for it and now it's missing."

I might do this for other deliveries but it is to risky doing this for pharmacy deliveries. Leave it with the person that signs for it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have had the "deliver to pharmacy" prompt pop up on packages I was delivering to a veterinary clinic. I cant complete the delivery unless I answer "yes" to the "package left at pharmacy?" prompt, which sort of leaves me in a bind since there is no pharmacy to deliver to. I go ahead and answer "yes" in order to complete the delivery, then type in "NO PHARMACY" in the remarks column. Same deal happens at the hospital I deliver to, there is no actual pharmacy on site.

There needs to be an additional option that allows you to override and complete the delivery if there is no pharmacy to deliver to.

satellitedriver

I have had the "deliver to pharmacy" prompt pop up on packages I was delivering to a veterinary clinic. I cant complete the delivery unless I answer "yes" to the "package left at pharmacy?" prompt, which sort of leaves me in a bind since there is no pharmacy to deliver to. I go ahead and answer "yes" in order to complete the delivery, then type in "NO PHARMACY" in the remarks column. Same deal happens at the hospital I deliver to, there is no actual pharmacy on site.

There needs to be an additional option that allows you to override and complete the delivery if there is no pharmacy to deliver to.

Screw the small stuff.
Just get a clear signature
-(which on my pos DIAD is hard to do)-
punch in the last name and go get a new sales lead.
Your center team will cover for you when you deliver a pkg of ketamine to the vets office and it comes up missing.
I truly am amazed at what lethal /beneficial /drugs I can deliver to a veterinary clinic along with horse feed, bandages, and the common medical supplies.
I have two Vet clinics on my route and I am very careful when I deliver the "Styrofoam coolers".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You took it to the pharmacy, they signed for it, then told you to put it in receiving.

OK, let's say you are at WalMart. Receiving is at the rear of the store while Pharmacy is inside the store. Are you still going to ask Pharmacy to sign and then drive around back, after already having delivered to receiving, to bring their pkg there? I doubt it. If the pkg is for the Rx then you bring to Rx and they sign for and keep pkg. If they refuse to you RTS pkg.

When you are on your own area you will quickly learn how each Rx wants their deliveries handled.

satellitedriver

Another UPS policy that doesn't always fit in the real world.
Funny,
I was just reading these quotes before I logged on to BC.

Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems, in my opinion, to characterize our age.
Albert Einstein

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
Albert Einstein

And my favorite;

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

In my perspective.
These three quotes, taken as a whole, sum up the present mindset of the "new and improved" corporate mindset within UPS.