Diad V

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Hell I'm using a DIAD 3 all of peak!! You would think the company would have enough of the 4's at least for the full time drivers!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hell I'm using a DIAD 3 all of peak!! You would think the company would have enough of the 4's at least for the full time drivers!!

The sups are out delivering and shuttling with the Diad IV here, I'm guessing your center(s) also. Plenty of Diad 3s to go around for everyone else, though. I like III, IV is obviously a better size in most instances. They also have authority to take the brand spanking new 500s and we get 700s and old 1000s.

grgrcr88

The sups are out delivering and shuttling with the Diad IV here, I'm guessing your center(s) also. Plenty of Diad 3s to go around for everyone else, though. I like III, IV is obviously a better size in most instances. They also have authority to take the brand spanking new 500s and we get 700s and old 1000s.

No Sups are delivering or shutteling anything around here. We simply sheet misloads as missed if they cannot be delivered. In my case the 2 cars around me are different cities, one is an hour drive one way and the other about 35 minutes. I usually have at least 1-3 missed a day!!

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
DIAD 3 for some reason wont scan amazon.com or LLbean not sure what is up with that but it slow my helper done to no end... but I have to get at least 30 stops into his DIAD 3 come hell or high water... even if it slows us down.... dont ask why... just keep my head down and pray I get a penison when I retire....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DIAD 3 for some reason wont scan amazon.com or LLbean not sure what is up with that but it slow my helper done to no end... but I have to get at least 30 stops into his DIAD 3 come hell or high water... even if it slows us down.... dont ask why... just keep my head down and pray I get a penison when I retire....

Find BC works on DIAD III.

brownelf

I've got both DIADS, use the DIADIV for anything I deliver and the DIADIII for anything the helper delivers. The helpers name and ID go in the DIADIII if there's ever a claim his name goes on it not mine. And best of all mine are marked by GPS(telematics center) at the point I push stop complete, which could save your tail if someone goes X-mas shopping on your DRs this year.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've got both DIADS, use the DIADIV for anything I deliver and the DIADIII for anything the helper delivers. The helpers name and ID go in the DIADIII if there's ever a claim his name goes on it not mine. And best of all mine are marked by GPS(telematics center) at the point I push stop complete, which could save your tail if someone goes X-mas shopping on your DRs this year.

Yours are actually marked by GPS at the point you scan the package, at the point you select the DR location/signature acquisition and when you hit stop complete. So make you carry your DIAD with you and not performing all actions in the vehicle before you walk the package off.

And you guys that prefer DIAD 3 are CRAZY!!!!! And on top of that, if you prefer 3, then you are going to absolutely HATE 5

And the only thing I have noticed missing from DIAD 3 is the clock being shown on the delivery screen.

Last edited:

grgrcr88

DIAD III can receive ODS messages.

Wrong! There used to be a cellular receiver in the trucks that when you put the Diad III in the carrier it would make contact with and would get messages that way. We no longer have those so no capabilities to send or receive messages. Diad III does not have built in cellular capabilities.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Wrong! There used to be a cellular receiver in the trucks that when you put the Diad III in the carrier it would make contact with and would get messages that way. We no longer have those so no capabilities to send or receive messages. Diad III does not have built in cellular capabilities.

Then why did I get ODS messages in my helper's DIAD 3 all throughout peak so far? No contacts in my truck anymore but yet I still get my messages and OCA's. Just saying.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both my helper and I had DIAD III's and the OMS was able to establish communication to my DIAD so, yes, the DIAD III can receive ODS messages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I dont understand(again)without EDD how does the diad 3 find a barcode?

We don't have EDD and even though we have diad 4's Find BC is not an option.
Please enlighten me upstate.

Find BC only works when you have EDD. The way it works is if you are at a stop and the barcode won't scan you hit the Find BC button, type in any four of the tracking number digits in order (usually the last four), match it to the result on the screen, and continue with the stop. It is much faster than typing in 18 characters. My helper even nows how to use it. It comes in very handy with the III because they do not scan as well as the IV.

NHDRVR

Find BC only works when you have EDD. The way it works is if you are at a stop and the barcode won't scan you hit the Find BC button, type in any four of the tracking number digits in order (usually the last four), match it to the result on the screen, and continue with the stop. It is much faster than typing in 18 characters. My helper even nows how to use it. It comes in very handy with the III because they do not scan as well as the IV.

I used to run both diads but for the past 5 years, or so , I started taking the time the 1st few days w/a new helper to get them acclimated to the diad. It is well worth the stop and go the 1st couple of days to then be able to hand them any package and just say 'go'... Our center changes the # of stops they like in the helper diad from year to year and this year it's 40. Since I have been having my helpers run their own we have been about 50/50 with the stops and it works great.