Diad V

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My helper could scan & deliver on day one within 20 minutes of showing him how to use it and the basic features on it. While I know there are some helpers out there that are for all intensive purposes completely useless, I think some of you are being a little hard on the helpers. Keep the valuable ones, and RTS the rest.

Intents and purposes.

probellringer

the helpers that want to get a permanent job with us---do learn the board ,ask questions,and have sense of urgency...i have a 19 yr old--phenomenal...no cell phone distraction,doesnt play xbox all night,--comes in ready to go--and walks behind the truck every time--and learned the board from me in 5 mins---maybe im just a great teacher.,...2 days left---smiles everyone

tfinnegan

happy exupser
It goes by who programmed the diad rack for the diads if they want the ODS function enabled or not..so blame the clerk in the office if the helpers diad gets messages or not

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have noticed that the younger helpers definately tend to have an easier time learning the DIAD. It probably has to do with the fact that they have been exposed to cell phones and computers for their entire lives, so the process of figuring out the DIAD is no different than learning to navigate through the features on a new cell phone.