" Dialing 112 " can save our wives, our daughthers or anyone like you...

Joe Nuno

Some knew about the red light on cars, but not Dialing 112. It was about 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her to never pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called, 112 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes. I never knew about the 112 Cell Phone feature. I tried it on my AT&T phone & it said, "Dialing Emergency Number." Especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going on to a safe place.

*Speaking to a service representative at Bell Mobility confirmed that 112 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about "Dialing, 112"

You may want to send this to every Man, Woman & Youngster you know; it may well save a life.

This applies to ALL 50 states PLEASE PASS ALONG TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY, IT CAN SAVE A LIFE....

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
re: " Dialing 112 " can save our wives, our daughthers or anyone like you...

I did not know this and I am glad you posted.

Joe, Welcome to BC. I hope you enjoy your stay here!!!

P

pickup

re: " Dialing 112 " can save our wives, our daughthers or anyone like you...

Way to go Joe. Cool story and some useful easily remembered info.

P

pickup

Snopes says it's false...................

snopes.com: Cellphone 112 Emergency

you have to read your links , moreluck.

I am reading the article and it is disputing the notion that dialing a 112 number will get through when a 911 call won't get through due to no cell reception.

That article is not disputing that 112 is a legitimate number. The article is based on dialing 112 in Britain.

moreluck

golden ticket member
you have to read your links , moreluck.
I saw it said "False" and it said you have to have a signal on your phone or it doesn' work and it won't divert automatically. to a satellite.

Also:
The Emergency Number worldwide for **Mobile** is 112--Fiction!

There is no single emergency number in use world wide. The number 112 is used in some countries but not all, nor is it used in the U.S. for emergency calls. Many countries also use 119, 999, and 911. Additionally, not all phones would in all countries to be able to even try dialing a single emergency code.
Some mobile phone providers in the U.S. have programmed 112 into their systems to redirect emergency calls to 911, the nation wide emergency telephone number in the U.S.

Various tips on the use of cell phones-Fiction!

P

pickup

I am not even sure what we're discussing here anymore. I might respond if I can get some legitimate 411 on this issue.:drunkbf:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just provided 3 sites that says the 112 thing is not the be-all, end-all call for help and may not be available everywhere with every system.

If the 'truth sites' say "false" 3 times......then I figure it's false.

I sent the '112 site' out to my e-mail list and got blasted back with all the falseness......just trying to nip it in the bud.

Joe Nuno

Clarification; In the U.S. dial 911, not 112

Though 911 remains the only universally recognized emergency number in the United States, mobile calls to 112 (the standard emergency number throughout the European.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe klein can help ?

I hear the emergency response system is far superior in Canada:

title-dudley.gif

P

pickup

I am not even sure what we're discussing here anymore. I might respond if I can get some legitimate 411 on this issue.:drunkbf:

I just provided 3 sites that says the 112 thing is not the be-all, end-all call for help and may not be available everywhere with every system.

If the 'truth sites' say "false" 3 times......then I figure it's false.

I sent the '112 site' out to my e-mail list and got blasted back with all the falseness......just trying to nip it in the bud.

I never felt good about the way I ended this with my above quote. There was no animosity expressed towards you, Moreluck. I think my words just came out wrong. I guess it just wasn't the kind of subject that I could dig my teeth into.