dialysis places never being ready (on topic)

Star B

White Lightening
It seems that these places are never ready at ready and want you to pick them up at the last possible second.

I've given up on trying to be nice with the ones by me. PUX92 and away I go.

DeliveryException

I have to remind people sometimes, the time window for pickup is for me not you. You picked the ready time, be ready at that time not the close time. Friendly reminders though. When I had a pickup route, if I could I would move stops around to help them if it was feasible.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Medical places gave me the most problems. From not being ready, to filling out airbills wrong, to pulling the wrong copies, to taping the orange copy to the box, to using photocopied billable stamps that had already been used, to using the wrong packaging, to asking stupid questions, to leaving before the close time, to not knowing they'd scheduled a pickup, to having four people call in the same oncall with three different windows - they were the worst. No other industry even came close.

HedleyLamarr

I have a regular 1600-1900 pup at a dialysis place, and I have learned never get there before 1700 because it is never ready. Fortunately, there is a dropbox nearby, so it isn't a problem usually to delay their pup by an hour.

Indecisi0n

Go to your sup and explain the situation. This way when :censored2: goes sideways you can use the “just working as directed”.
I had the same problems. Sup told me you do not wait more than a few mins. They get medical supplies NDA which is why I would wait. The day after talking to sup I went it, they gave me normal runaround and I did as my Sup said. Waited a few then I left. All hell broke out. From the customer calling up and complaining but my Sup was well aware of the situation and cut it off at the center. They never had me wait again.

DriverNerd

Go to your sup and explain the situation. This way when * goes sideways you can use the “just working as directed”.
I had the same problems. Sup told me you do not wait more than a few mins. They get medical supplies NDA which is why I would wait. The day after talking to sup I went it, they gave me normal runaround and I did as my Sup said. Waited a few then I left. All hell broke out. From the customer calling up and complaining but my Sup was well aware of the situation and cut it off at the center. They never had me wait again.
Fedex might not be so accommodating.

MassWineGuy

I occasionally have a dialysis clinic as an on call. Never not been ready. In general, I won’t wait more than about 2-3 minutes, especially if ready time was hours ago. My manager definitely supports this.