Did I get fired on my first day?

robby491

I was hired Augurst 7th 2013 and my first day was yesterday, wednesday. I worked for about 45 minutes loading a tractor trailer box and then the manager told me to go home and pointed to the door. Was I fired? I was not even trained yet they originaly had me coming in for a week of training next week but called early and said come in today for work I need to know if I was fired if I can come back please I need another chance I don't even know how to clock in clock out they said they do that? Man I can't go back to mc d.....any advice?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Based on the information you provided, we can't answer that. Perhaps they needed an extra body, but somebody else showed up. Perhaps you were working too slowly / not getting it and they opted to send you home for the evening until they could train you. Perhaps a dialogue was exchanged that you didn't mention here. If you have the number of an HR rep, I suggest you contact him/her.

I've witnessed hundreds of employees in my career start incredibly poorly (working too slow, usually) who ended up "getting it" and sticking around. The job can be very intimidating. My previous manager use to work new hires for only about 60-90 minutes per day to start with (usually first 2-3 days), although he'd pay them for 3.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was hired Augurst 7th 2013 and my first day was yesterday, Wednesday. I worked for about 45 minutes loading a tractor trailer box and then the manager told me to go home and pointed to the door. Was I fired? I was not even trained yet they originaly had me coming in for a week of training next week but called early and said come in today for work I need to know if I was fired if I can come back please I need another chance I don't even know how to clock in clock out they said they do that? Man I can't go back to mc d.....any advice?

You are most likely not fired. Just go in and suck up to the managers and apologize and tell him you'll try your hardest this time. Buy a monster energy drink (drink it 25 minutes - 1 hour prior to your start time and go in and beast.

One more thing, you did know that mcdonald will put way more money in your pockets than working at ups as a part timer right? And much easier, right? UPS will only give you about 18 hours weekly............that's after you've made probation and guaranteed it. They will most likely send you home a lot of days until you make probation. Good luck.